Reinsurance - Greater London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 470c16
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Greater London - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Reinsurance Technician – London
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 14,000 people in 43 countries.
Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the underwriting team plans to ensure these include reinsurance considerations for delivery
- Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of personal and team objectives
- Conform to all agreed and active standards and procedures to ensure consistency across all tasks undertaken
- Enter RI policies on internal Reinsurance systems and liaise with Inwards Credit Control and EOBS Team
- ensure premiums are paid to reinsurers
- Maximize the process in place within the Underwriting Division to ensure timely and accurate data being captured on all core underwriting system and spreadsheets
- Engage with internal departments and recommended and advise upon system solutions
- Provide Admin support to the Director of Underwriting Management in all aspect of reinsurance procedures
- Produce and maintain procedure guidelines for Underwriting Division
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, specifically Re-insurers, Brokers, Underwriters and EOBS Reinsurance Teams
- Ensure that high standards of service are maintained and improved upon
- Prepare reinsurance analysis reports and financial illustrations for management review
- Prepare documentation as instructed by the Authorized Purchaser
- Deal with broker/reinsurer requests for information and/or queries to ensure timely information is given/received
- Assist with capturing cover note information on reinsurance systems to ensure that all correct details are logged
- Preparation of data for and liaison with internal management, EOBS reinsurance team and credit control teams to ensure accurate data is collated
- Monitor and review received data to check for accuracy and reporting exceptions
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of Reinsurance business, preferably Facultative Reinsurance skills
- Knowledge of business processes, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced Excel and Word coupled with a high level of numeracy and literacy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to prioritize work to demanding deadlines
We view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. We are happy to talk about flexible working.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click 'Apply' and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.