System Design Authority (Systems Engineering)
Up to £0.00 per annum
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cuttingedge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
- Due to continued success we are currently looking to recruit a System Design Authority to provide technical oversight to all stages of the product lifecycle, working with the Sales team, Project Manager, Engineering and Support teams.
- The System Design Authority is responsible for interpreting customer requirements, specifying the system solution, planning development and testing, leading engineering lifecycle reviews and ensuring successful customer acceptance and handover.
- They are responsible for the System Engineering outputs including:
- *Assessing Customer requirements against product specifications
- *System specifications
- *System architecture definition
- *Internal and external interface definition
- *Test and Acceptance strategy
- *Defining engineering work packages and subcontractor specifications
- *Supporting the Project/Bid Manager in identifying and managing technical risk
- *Sellingoff contract requirements by leading Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Test activities
- Responsibilities and Competencies:
- The SDA has the following responsibilities:
- *Responsible to the Head of System Design for quality of technical and engineering output, following the companys System Engineering processes and technical reviews
- *Responsible to the customer for delivering a system that is fit for purpose
- *Represents ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK products and systems on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- The role requires the following competencies:
- *Candidates should have previous experience in a technical/engineering role, with either a desire to develop / previous experience in delivering equipment or products into service
- *Systems thinker
- *Attention to detail
- *Tenacity and determination with desire to deliver outputs and results
- *Demonstrable and proven competence in Systems Engineering and the systems engineering lifecycle
- *Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Sonar and Underwater Acoustics, Maritime Security Systems, Marine technology, Minewarfare, Antisubmarine Warfare, Command and Control Systems (including network architectures and software)
- *Good organisational and leadership skills
- *Good written and verbal communication skills
- More information
- Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
Posted 26 days ago