New Business Development Representative
£18000 - £25000 per annum
Basic Salary: £18,000 OTE: £25,000
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented New Business Development Representative to join this growing business.
You will be responsible for generating new opportunities for the business, daily phone prospecting, qualifying leads, profiling and developing prospects to a point where they are salesready.
As a New Business Development Representative, you are responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management, for triaging and qualifying inbound leads, as well as supporting field sales when they are out of the office. Your contribution will have a direct impact on the companys success, by adding qualified prospects into the sales pipeline.
This role acts as a layer between marketing and sales handling all first contact with new prospects and building relationships up to a point when they are salesready. Youll take a lead from a marketing campaign or generate your own, qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, set appointments and/or calls with a Field Sales Executive.
- Generate opportunities and appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management, in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads and set appointments.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to setup qualified opportunities / appointments.
- Log, track and maintains customer contact and contact records.
- Work closely with field Sales, helping them move the opportunity along the sales cycle.
- Represent Workbooks at trade shows / events.
You will spend much of your time on the phone. This role requires confident and professional engagement with prospects and a professional demeanor of customer service. There is much emphasis on accountability, with regular scrutiny of activities, sales pipeline and forecast.
Skills & Experience
- Pick up the phone and prospect
- Possess resillience
- Clearly spoken, articulate, numerate and presentable
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Strong inperson, phone and written customer communication skills; strong ability to engage audience over the phone. Build rapport and gather information
- Able to prioritise work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Able to manage time effectively, work independently and be selfmotivated
- Driven, ambitious and tenacious
- Expected to take responsibility for their success
- Educated (preferably to degree level)
- Computer literate
- Experienced in a technology sales environment (preferred)
- Business applications knowledge, especially CRM would be a distinct advantage
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be expected to make a sales presentation and should be able to explain clear and credible motives for wanting this role.
Posted 38 days ago