Financial Accountant - Kidderminster | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Athwal Resourcing is recruiting for a growing, well-established business in Kidderminster that has enjoyed growth over the last few years. The Company is committed to continued growth and investment and resulted in the need for a high calibre Financial Accountant to work closely with the Finance Director and help drive the business even further forward.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the management accounting, financial reporting, and robust financial controls and disciplines are in place. Ensure financial performance aligns with the strategic goals and the operational risks are communicated to the business. Work closely with internal key members of the senior management team to find continuous improvement solutions to issues and manage the relationship with external parties.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Accountant will have wide-ranging responsibilities including:
- Ensure all day-to-day management of the finance department, including Sales Ledger management & collection of debt;
- Monitoring daily working capital and periodic cash flow reporting;
- Preparation of all schedules for management accounts, including accruals & prepayments, and posting of relevant journals required for month-end process;
- Taking ownership and completion of the monthly management accounts pack including variance analysis and production of Board packs;
- Preparing and completion of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting for the Company;
- Preparation and submission to the Tax authorities on the production of VAT returns;
- Submission of all external reporting including ONS Statistics in a timely manner;
- To assist in the production of annual financial statements and information for auditors;
- Maintaining a good relationship with external stakeholders, liaising with Third Party suppliers, the bank on day-to-day issues, and occasionally resolving issues with Customers and External Suppliers;
- Working with the team to improve automation of internal processes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Cima, ACCA or equivalent qualified;
- Worked in a manufacturing or engineering environment and understands the disciplines of stock and inventory;
- Hands-on technical accounts experience and a good understanding of financial reporting;
- Good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of ERP systems;
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business, both with finance and non-finance staff;
- Maintains a high level of personal integrity at all times even when working under pressure;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement in processes.