Operations Coordinator - Maldon - Permanent Position
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per year
Our client provides bespoke gritting and snow clearance service contracts within the Facilities and Property Management sector.
They are looking for an Operations Coordinator who will recruit and qualify seasonal operatives across the UK to directly oversee and schedule the daily work for operatives. Monitor quality and compliance with company procedures. Manage in-house fleet and machinery. Allocate industry vehicles/machinery to client sites. Undertake site visits and provide Risk Assessments. Make informed decisions based on weather forecasting. Manage 3rd party requirements for any additional resources required.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting into the Operations Manager, this is a diverse role. As a seasonal contract provider, the year has split focus.
- April-October - operative and supply chain assessment, visits, recruitment and allocation. Site visits supplying any specific RAMS. Measuring performance in H&S, environment and quality. Overseeing vehicle/ machinery maintenance. Upkeep of local depot(s) and warehouse(s)
- November - March, the active contract period, focusing on the daily delivery, running and management of the gritting operation nationwide.
- Ensuring the full and complete delivery of service to all client sites when service is activated by the daily weather forecasts.
- Managing salt stocks.
- Work within our bespoke Service and CRM system (training given)
- Learn and understand weather forecasting (training given)
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Quickly grasp all aspects of the niche market we operate in and obtain a full understanding of how the service is provided and the contracts offered
- Management, Pricing and negotiating contractor pay rates
- Logistics / Operational / Service Delivery experience - meeting KPIs
- A very 'hands on’ approach - enhanced driving qualifications ideal
- Plan timing of work, monitor progress, ensure delivery
- Balances own workload so that all operational requirements are met on time
- completer / finisher (moves on only when the job is done) Resilience after failure
- Holds up well under pressure
- Competent use of all MS Office applications without support particularly Excel
- E-mail user - Outlook - Office 365
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 09:30 to 17:00 but you must be able to be flexible, 28 days holiday (which includes Bank Holidays) & Discretionary Bonus.
Click Apply Now for more information and phone number
Posted 46 days ago