Site Engineer | Zoek
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Site Engineer to work on our Edinburgh Trams contract in Edinburgh
The Project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport to York Place and the new route to be constructed by this project from York Place to Newhaven.
As a Site Engineer, you will be responsible for all on Site Engineering disciplines including quality standards, working methods, material governance and assurance compliance on our Trams to Newhaven project for City of Edinburgh Council.
Supported by a large multi-skilled Delivery Structure, the Site Engineer responsibilities include:
Production of engineering documentation including:
- Temporary works designs
- Method statements and risk assessments
- Quality plans
- Inspection and test plans
- As-built information
- Task briefing sheets
- Other relevant engineering documentation as necessary
- Liaise effectively with Site Manager and the SHEQ team in the development of the above
- Identify earned value opportunities and develop their implementation
- Work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders to ensure the approval of all engineering process and procedures
- Compile engineering data and information that ensures the successful handover of newly built utility assets
- Work to timescales that facilitate the successful delivery of the project programme
- Liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Experience of working on major Infrastructure Project
- Assessing, developing and presenting engineering solutions on a best case basis
- Ability to act calmly and rationally in a stressful environment
- Flexibility to support the business needs
- An enthusiastic team player
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Company Car
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 2 days ago