Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Receptionist - Maternity Cover Cambridge Competitive Salary 37.5 hours per week, working between the hours of ######### , including some weekends Fixed term to cover maternity leave in the first instance
About the Company
The Møller Institute is an award winning Centre for leadership development and executive education with its own purpose built residential creative learning environment set in the grounds of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. Our mission is to connect academia and commerce for professional and executive education.
The Møller Institute is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill College. Our purpose is education - "to develop and inspire people to be the best they can" to benefit themselves, the organisations that they serve as well as society as a whole. All our profits are covenanted to Churchill College for investment in undergraduate and graduate education and student support.
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our existing Reception team. You will be committed to delivering a consistent, professional service and will strive to exceed our customer's expectations at every opportunity.
- To consistently deliver high levels of customer service to our clients, providing information as requested about the Centre or Cambridge. To provide a professional meet and greet service to our guests as they arrive, which is often based outside the main entrance to ensure a positive arrival experience and to provide appropriate directions. To ensure that guests are checked in and out using the correct procedures To ensure that bedroom reservations are taken in the appropriate manner, using the correct procedures.
- To provide support in researching new business opportunities and competitor analysis. To liaise with relevant departments about updates, in a timely fashion, to ensure that guests needs are met or exceeded. To deal with complaints effectively and with diplomacy. To liaise with relevant departments to ensure that all administrative duties are carried out efficiently. To deal appropriately with all incoming calls through the main switchboard. To deal appropriately with all guests coming to reception and arrange whatever help they may request during their stay. To ensure that all postings, revenue and income is balanced daily and the float is checked on each shift and change is ordered when necessary. To ensure that all-incoming and outgoing mail is dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner. To ensure that all signage and menus are printed at the correct time. Ensure that maintenance requests are reported to the relevant departments. Ensure that reception and the public areas around reception are kept clean and tidy and is stocked up of relevant items. Ensure communication and shift handovers are such that reception can operate effectively after your shift is complete.To provide support in following up tasks related to the shift handover. Ensure that all-necessary housekeeping and maintenance is carried out in the office for the health and safety of yourself, others and all equipment. Be aware of fire regulations and procedures related to your position and ensure an updated guest list is available in the event of an evacuation. To attend and participate in all meetings as required ensuring a pro active approach to the internal and external client, sustainability, health and safety and upcoming business. To provide support in ordering and maintaining stock levels of stationary and relevant gift cabinet items where needed. To provide support with the training for new staff members and with updating the standard operating procedures manual as required. To ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental policy, details and objectives of which are included in the staff hand book.
- Efficient and effective planning and organisational skills
- Exceptional administration skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A high level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and database software
- The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- Previous experience in a dynamic hotel or similar environment
- Previous experience in reservations is highly desirable
If you feel that you are suitable for this Receptionist role, please apply now!
Posted 12 days ago