Reading - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
CALLING ALL DRIVERS, WHETHER YOU ARE RETIRED AND LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS A WEEK TO KEEP YOU BUSY, NEWLY QUALIFIED OR SIMPLY LOOKING FOR A CHANGE IN YOUR CAREER THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY ALLOWING YOU TO DECIDE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK. WHILST EARNING A COMPETETIVE HOURLY RATE OF £!
- Job Type: HGV Class 1
- Shift Pattern: Flexible shifts, start times and options for working week with regards to hours/ days/ shifts
- Contracted Hours: Full Time and Part Time contract available
- Annual Salary: £ Per hour
- Overtime/Bonus: £ / hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Customer/Location: Primark / Thrapston
- Experience required: No experience required, we welcome newly qualified/unexperienced HGV drivers
Do you hold a vocational Driving Licence?
Do you hold a Digital Tachograph Card and Driver's CPC Qualification Card?
Are you looking for your next career move?
At DHL we are extremely passionate about what we do, are you? We have an outstanding fleet at our disposal whereby we deliver everything from raw materials to consumables, spare parts and finished goods. We even deliver people through the patient transport network! We are without doubt the Global Leaders in Supply Chain Management and 3rd party logistics, and that makes us an essential part of everyday life! Sound good? Why not read on to find out how to join us?
What does this job involve?
- Full-time, Part-time and Ad-hoc work available. We can offer you a regular shift pattern, including week days only, weekend shifts or any other shift pattern.
- Flexible shifts, start times and options for working week with regards to hours/ days/ shifts
- Palletised deliveries to 1 or 2 Primark stores.
- Use of pump truck and tail lift
- Due to the nature of the job, you will need to be confident with manual handling, as you will be assisting to unload at the delivery point.
We are always looking for exceptional Drivers to join our team!
Could that be you? People are our business. Drivers are the capable, reliable hands and smiling faces of DHL. Night and Day, come rain or shine, they are committed to ensuring the safe, secure and on-time delivery of the customer's goods. First time, every time.
We are looking for Drivers who:
- Hold a valid Driving License (Category C+E)
- No experience required, we welcome newly qualified/unexperienced HGV drivers
- Hold a Driver CPC qualification and Digital Tachograph Card
- Drive in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to parking, speed and road signage
- Work safely within the Health and safety environmental guidelines, and ensure all vehicle checks are carried out prior to commencement of work
- Are flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach
- Work within all legal parameters of drivers hours and working time directive legislation, being fully compliant with tachograph and break requirements
- Have basic mechanical understanding
Why choose us?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Strong career stability, friendly inclusive teams and potential to grow with the business
- Desirable fleet/equipment available
What can we offer you in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondment opportunities and MANY MORE.
What will you need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure all of our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure the workplace is free from discrimination and not only employees but also potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile within the organisation.