External Business Development Manager- North West England
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the role To build and maintain relationships with a selected universe of client firms to maximise Octopus opportunities and business levels across the Octopus product range. To identify both Tax & Trust and Asset Management opportunities and support Marketing and the Business Development Management Teams where appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
- Targets and builds and develops relationships with appropriate IFA firms
- Face-to-face or telephone-based meetings/contact with existing and prospective contacts, to agreed levels. - Identify new opportunities (both within and beyond the normal scope of the role) to help develop the business
- Telephone contact, as necessary, to schedule meetings and maintain relationships
- Support agreed marketing campaigns, as required
- Maintain high levels of service across all aspects of the role, interfacing with other departments, as necessary
- Attend and support intermediary and industry conferences/seminars
- Build new relationships with prospective companies who have no prior knowledge of us.
- Develop existing relationships to increase business levels
- Work effectively with Internal Business Development Managers -
- Assists in building a structured plan to develop region and selected advisory firms
- Applies high level of technical knowledge to given scenarios and opportunities
- Comprehend a complex suite of solutions and translate these into simple solutions for advisers
- Demonstrates a repeatable sales process to maximize the impact of activity
- Constantly improves product and industry knowledge
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- Previous experience in a similar role, building and maintaining relationships with IFAs across the Scotland or North West regions.
- Proven results of both incremental growth via existing relationships as well as the ability to attract and cement new business relationships.
- Drive, ambition and self-motivation.
- High level of numeracy with an ability to understand innovative and unique financial products.
- Clear, concise and articulate with an ability to be influential when needed
- Presentation skills.
- High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style
- Confident telephone manner
- Robust process skills with a flexible work ethic and ability to work effectively from home
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
Posted 15 days ago