HGV Class 1 Drivers
Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Job Type: HGV Class 1 Driver
Shift Pattern: Any 5 from 7 (including weekends)
Contracted Hours: 40 hours
Salary: £ ph, £ for hours worked between 10pm-6am
Contract Type: Full Time - Permanent
Customer/Location: East Kilbride/Sainsburys
Experience required: Previous experience of driving commercial Class 1 vehicles
Closing date: 30/04/2021 SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Do you hold a vocational Driving Licence?
Do you hold a Digital Tachograph Card and Driver's CPC Qualification Card?
Are you looking for your next career move?
At DHL we are extremely passionate about what we do, are you? We have an outstanding fleet at our disposal whereby we deliver everything from raw materials to consumables, spare parts and finished goods. We even deliver people through the patient transport network! We are without doubt the Global Leaders in Supply Chain Management and 3rd party logistics, and that makes us an essential part of everyday life! Sound good? Why not read on to find out how to join us?
What does this job involve?
- MUST BE FLEXIBLE regarding working hours. Various shifts available (to discussed at interview)
- Delivering a mixture of chilled, frozen and ambient goods
- Goods delivered on cages and pallets
- Flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in
resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach.
- Work safely within the Health & safety environment guidelines
- Operating mechanical handling equipment
- Transportation and delivery of products to stores and manual handling
- Representing DHL in a professional manner to customers, communications & customer
- Working to and complying with company policies and procedures
- Consider domestic and international driving regulations
- Maintain regular contact with Transport Team throughout deliveries
- Count and check all products, compare manifest and complete ops 13 checks on vehicles
at start and end of shift
We are always looking for exceptional Drivers to join our team! Could that be you? People are our business. Drivers are the capable, reliable hands and smiling faces of DHL. Night and Day, come rain or shine, they are committed to ensuring the safe, secure and on-time delivery of the customer's goods. First time, every time. We are looking for Drivers who:
- Previous experience of driving commercial vehicles
- Hold Valid United Kingdom Driver Licence (C+E)
- Hold DCPC Card / Digital Tachograph Card
- Flexibility towards working patterns
- No more than 6 penalty points on Driving Licence
- Comply with all legal parameter of drivers hours and working time directive legislation,
being fully compliant with tachograph and break requirements
- Drive in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to parking, speed and road
Why choose us?
• Competitive rates of pay
• Strong career stability, friendly inclusive teams and potential to grow with the business
• Desirable fleet/equipment available
What can we offer you in return?
As a part of the growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of excellent benefits which could include; 20 days annual holiday plus 8 public holidays, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, training & development and MANY MORE”.
What will you need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure all of our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure the workplace is free from discrimination and not only employees but also potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile within the organisation.