Experienced Service Manager Required
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to join our Young Peoples Residential Service in the Tavistock area.
Our young people's services provide high quality residential services for young people aged up to 19. We offer tailored care and support for young people with conditions such as autism, mental health problems, challenging behaviour and learning disabilities. We have a range of residential services that offer a stable and supportive environment in which young people can develop their skills, independence and confidence.
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent salary of up to 35,000 per annum plus other great benefits.
You will lead and manage a staff team and inspire them to create a therapeutic, homely atmosphere which addresses the needs of some young people with a range of complex needs. This includes emotional, behavioural and social difficulties along with autistic spectrum disorders. This is challenging work which requires total professionalism and skilful care management to enable the young people to develop and achieve their full potential.
You will be accountable for the operation and financial control of the service working to budget and profit and loss accounts. You will be involved in the proactive and creative behaviour management planning, along with recruiting, induction, supervision of staff team along with on-call duty management.
- Extensive experience of managing childrens services for young people with high risk and complex needs
- Experience of EBD and CSE experience would be an advantage
- Demonstrable management experience
- Experience of developing a service
- A desire and commitment to deliver a quality service to the people we support
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to problem solve
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. QCF / NVQ 4 Health & Social Care, Children & Young People and Registered Care Managers Award, Level 4 management qualification or Level 5 Leadership and Management in Social Care is essential Reference ID: 1456
Posted 12 days ago