Job Title: Investment Manager – PGOne UK
About Publicis Media
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its four global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark and Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
The PG One Team
Publicis Groupe has taken a bold step back to the future to create a single interdependent end-2-end client focused business team at Chancery Lane for Procter & Gamble. We have called the single client platform PGOne. The high performing operation brings the entire P&G resource within the Groupe into one place – this includes creative (Saatchi, Leo Burnett, Publicis WW), data (Digitas) media, search, SEO and Social. It is an exciting, new, future facing model that we call ‘interdependence’, comprising first class talent for a first class client.
P&G has experienced a huge amount of change over the past three years as they look to re-invent the way they operate with their agencies. With the recent media pitch win secured, it proves a very exciting and opportunistic time to be joining the Publicis team.
The departments across the PGOne team collaborate closely with each other and all sit together under one floor, under the guidance of our PGOne Managing Director. You will understand and learn how consumers of P&G products behave, who they are and how they consume media.
The Investment team is responsible for all the buying of campaigns across all P&G brands and across all media. These cover sectors as diverse as Razors, Haircare, Femcare and Homecare. The team is driven by defined measurables and accountability and are the best in terms of the quality and control delivered to the client.
The team is friendly, sociable, hardworking and dedicated, but above all passionate about media. They command a lot of respect within the agency and are considered best in class across P&G worldwide.
You will occupy a senior position within the Investment Team and be responsible for the planning and buying output across all media on a number of P&G brands as well as wider team responsibilities. You will report into an Associate Director and be supported by a Senior Executive and an Executive.
Specifically, the role encompasses:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Dedicated, hardworking and extremely organized
- Highly analytical with an eye for detail
- Strategic and creative in their approach
- Enthusiastic and passionate about media and innovation
- Highly knowledgeable about the media marketplace and technology
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to coach and influence the development of junior staff members
- Operate at a mid/senior client level and develop strong working relationships
- Work closely with the other teams within PGOne
- Inspire and motivate the client with our ideas beyond conventional solutions
- Project management between client, creative and media owners
- Manage media owner and other supplier relations
- Respond to ad hoc requests and ensure all work is delivered accurately and to the deadline
- Manage the delivery of post-campaign analysis and other important documents
- Rationalise decisions, both verbally and in written form, to clients, comms planners and directors
Planning / Buying
- Deliver innovative and accurate media strategies and plans
- Create monthly forecasts
- Recommend, justify and implement the roles of different media touchpoints in the planning process
- Collaborate with media owners to build long term partnerships
- Detailed understanding and management of data and optimisation
- Ability to interrogate data and highlight key insights
- Use available research, analysis and audience expertise to gain competitive advantage
- Rationalise and upsell new opportunities and emerging media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of the buying process and able to oversee this across the team to ensure complete accuracy and high standard is maintained at all times
- Advanced knowledge and practice of negotiation
- Manage the reconciliation process
- A clear understanding of elements outside of price – frequency capping, targeting options, day of week and time of day etc
- Identify new buying/trading opportunities
- Mentoring and developing team
- Managing team and client workflow
- Giving guidance to the team to ensure they understand, interpret and optimize data to maximum efficiency
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of planning & buying across all media. Alternatively, they will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in either AV or Digital; however, they must be a quick learner, as they will need to manage a team who work across all media.
They will work within a team of 20 talented specialists. This team is led by two Investment Directors and an Associate Director who they will report into. They will work directly with a Senior Executive and an Executive, as well as the wider team, and should therefore demonstrate previous leadership and management, as managing, developing and motivating a team are essential.
They will be comfortable with data of all kinds, and be able to write presentations to deliver in front of the client.
They need strong negotiation skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with senior media owners
This role requires a strong innovator with a hunger for emerging technologies and their application for P&G. They should be inspirational and persuasive, as they will need to convince clients of their strategic recommendations, and persuade people to challenge the norms and deliver exceptional work.
They should be a confident individual with a passion for media, and the ambition and desire to work on one of the most challenging clients around
Posted 22 days ago