Self-Employed Pub Business Partner
North Wales, UK
Permanent (Full time)
The Guild Merchant is a thriving neighbourhood pub located in a Preston suburb and surrounded by new development housing.
The pub is also close to the University' Central Lancashire Campus meaning plenty of passing trade and opportunity for sales growth. The pub has been recently refurbished, with a bar area having four by four socially interactive video wall, a transactional area including booths and a large dining. The pub also boasts a good size beer garden and car park.
There is opportunity to grow sales in improving rhythm of the week and growing events and sports - a fantastic opportunity for an Operator make their name in the community.
Average weekly net sales: 14,000 and a split of 70/30 wet led.
That idea you’ve always had about running your own pub – always seemed like a distant dream, didn’t it? Bet you never realised it was just a £5k security deposit away (plus legal fees) with a Marston’s retail agreement. Your earnings will be based on a percentage of weekly net turnover and for those of you interested in delivering a food offer, the agreement may include one of our branded food menus.
We’ve been working with this type of agreement for 10+ years now and have invested £3 million in our Retail Agreement pubs over the last year alone. People love them because they allow you to:
- Be your own boss and work from home, with no commute
- Live rent-free with no bills except Council Tax
- Get your personal licence
- Feel incentivised to grow the business and earn more
- Access our support teams whenever you need them – from Beer & Quality Technicians to a dedicated Area Manager and Marketing team
- Give your customers access to the brilliant range of Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals – plenty of it award-winning!
- All of your stock, including food, is supplied for free by Marston’s, although you will be responsible for managing it once it has been delivered
- Call on us to cover the cost of repairs, fixtures and fittings
- Learn all about Business Development Review Planning, Commercial Excellence and more over the first week’s induction training
- Spend the first two days on the job settling in with full supervision on-site
- Enjoy close support from the Marston’s team in the weeks after the initial induction training
Things to consider
In addition to the £5k security deposit and legal fees required for this agreement, you will need to cover your own insurance, except building insurance, which we’ll cover. Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters.
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor, as dictated by the Statutory Pub Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.
It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly but, if you do want to leave early, there’s always the option of six months’ notice with a ‘break’ clause in the contract.