Up to £20847.00 per annum
Position Support Worker Contract Fixed 38 Hours per week Salary £20,847 Location Camden Service Camden Supported Living Service
From the stunning green spaces of Regents Park and Hampstead Heath to the vibrancy of Camden Lock and with easy access to Londons West End, Camden has a huge amount to offer the people we support and those who work with them.
About the Roles
Everything we do at Outward is about promoting the choice and independence of vulnerable people, with learning disabilities and/or autism, to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals. We are looking for support workers for various Supported Living Schemes throughout the London Borough of Camden.
Everyone we support in our Camden services has loads of interests, skills and ambitions but they need your input and support in some areas to keep things on track and do all of the things that make life worth living! This will include really being part of their communities, support to get into and attend colleges, hold down voluntary or paid jobs, going to restaurants, cinemas, theatres, using their local gym, staying healthy, keeping important relationships and making new ones, even going to watch Arsenal, Leyton Orient (though other football team are available!)
You will need to be enthusiastic, creative and passionate about supporting people with learning disabilities to live life to the full
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Putting the people you support at the heart of your work, empowering and enabling their control over their own lives, supporting achievement of greater independence wherever possible and promoting a strong sense of selfworth and selfesteem
- Providing support to people in line with their support plans and risk assessments; this will include providing practical, social and emotional support and may include supporting people with personal care and taking medication
- Coordinating packages of care and support for people, including keeping these under review if their needs change
- Having and using IT skills, being able to record information accurately and professionally
- Being a good communicator, you will be in very regular contact with a range of health professionals and social workers as well as the people we support and their families
- Having a flexible approach to working shift patterns, which will include evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We provide care and support services in parts of London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including:
- People with learning disabilities
- People with Autism Spectrum Conditions
- People with Mental Health problems
- Young people in housing need including those leaving care
- Older people who need support and care
We offer you:
- Full training
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time); for flexi staff accrued holiday per hour worked
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in service life insurance
How to Apply
Please click Apply
Closing date for all Application is 3rd June 2019 @23.59pm
Interviews will be held on 10th and 11th June 2019
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Posted 37 days ago