Youth Worker - Surrey | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£11.00 to £13.00 PerHour
Permanent (Part time)
About Surrey Clubs for YoungPeople
Our aim is to provide enthusiastic youth clubs; a place wecan show young people that someone cares, and offer a range of exciting andchallenging opportunities, through which they can develop into confident youngadults. Leading happy lives whilst making a positive contribution to theirwider community and to society.
We meet young people on their own terms supporting them toexperience new things and grow both in confidence and resilience.
Being part of something special
You will be part of the team at Surrey Clubs for Young People(SCYP) a small, vibrant charity working across Surrey. You will lead and workwith a team of dedicated volunteers and if required an assistant youth workerat a Youth Club or clubs across various locations in Surrey.
Who are we looking for?
· Youwill have the ability and experience to quickly establish relationships withyoung people.
· Areliable, sociable person who wants to make a difference to a young person’slife through exciting learning activities.
- Someone with transferable skills who is willing to undertake training.
· Someonewho will lead by example through inclusivity and positive actions.
· SCYPLead Youth Workers are passionate about the personal, educational, creative andsocial development of young people.
· Someonewho is friendly, positive and self-driven, able to work independently and aspart of a team.
· Goodorganisational and admin skills.
· Developingand leading the club activities with a team of volunteers and an assistantworker as required.
· Ensuringthat a programme is in place, reviewing sessions and promoting the club.
· Creatinga supportive and safe environment where young people discover exciting newideas, activities, laugh, learn, experiment, make mistakes and reach theirpotential.
· Effectiveand timely communication with young people, volunteers, parents/guardians.
· Completingreports in good time and communicating effectively with SCYP.
· Keepinginformed about youth provision and the challenges that young people face at alocal and national level.
· Fullclean driving licence and access to transport.
· Current/ValidDBS check will be completed.
· Willingto undertake training as required