IT Servicedesk Engineer - Swinton | Zoek UK | 4b3589
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Servicedesk Engineer
Swinton, Greater Manchester, England
£20000 - £25000/annum pension, real growth potential
Permanent (Full time)
Job title: IT Servicedesk Engineer
Location: Manchester or Midlands. Home-based element
Salary: £20-25k .
The IT Servicedesk Engineer will join the help desk / service desk to provide 1st Line Support in a Microsoft based IT environment (inc Active Directory). They will act as an in-house product specialist for various key applications used throughout the business to provide exceptional product support to both customers and colleagues alike.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the IT Servicedesk Engineer
* Assist the Help Desk / Service Desk with the resolution of customer-reported technical incidents, queries and service requests.
* Use Active Directory and other systems to cover all aspects of application support – remote support and troubleshooting customer-related technical issues across a range of document management solutions including proprietary software and solutions (predominantly Kofax-based).
* Maintain an asset and contract database, tracking changes and updating when applicable.
* Maintain and manage a technical knowledge base.
* User administration on several web-based document management solutions, including user training.
* Assisting with the implementation of bespoke customer solutions, including remote installation of hardware, software and custom-coded components.
* Create and maintain support documentation based on bespoke customer solutions, and ad-hoc creation of customer-target user guidance documents.
* Take ownership of all assigned tickets, following up with the end-user and communicating updates in a timely manner.
* Maintain awareness of software updates in client software, . compatibility implications and functionality developments.
* Develop technical knowledge of new applications in line with business requirements.
* Integrate with the wider IT, Operations and Professional Services teams, assisting with various internal and external projects where required.
* Always maintain a high level of customer service with each customer interaction.
IT Servicedesk Engineer Skills:
* Good knowledge of microsoft and active directory
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 / 10 Active Directory & Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
* Team player, someone who gains respect and maintains relationships across all areas of our business.
* Professional and confident.
* Organised, with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities and effectively prioritise
* IIS skills.
* SQL management and scripting
* Working knowledge on creating and executing PowerShell scripts.
IT Servicedesk Engineer Experience:
* Previous Incident Management experience including the management of raised tickets, managing customer expectations and keeping the customer informed
* Previous 1st Line of Support experience gained on a Service Desk / Help Desk
* Experience within a development environment.
* Experience within automation or document management.
* Customer facing deliveries
* Worked within an ITIL lead department