Senior - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 4b3938
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you? Do you want the freedom of working from home?
With Amey Consulting, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Amey Consulting’s Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 accounts to Wales and Borders – Amey Keolis and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA).
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times, and quality of life.
Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Building Services team, providing effective support and assistance to the senior engineers and team leaders on a variety of schemes.
Our property services include:
Building and condition surveys
Fire risk assessments and design of associated remedial works
Architectural advice and feasibility studies
Structural advice and calculations
Developing the brief and conceptual design
Design team coordination and project management
Detailed design proposals
Obtaining approvals from statutory authorities
Producing construction information
Construction contract procurement
Sustainable and life-cycle design
We deliver projects to a wide range of customers, including:
Ministry of Defence (MOD)
Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
Local Authorities, National Health Service (NHS)
Transport for Wales
Housing and utility sectors
We drive value across an array of asset portfolios including road, railways, and utility networks, buildings, airports, and other transport hubs.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer to join a well-established company and progress your career. The role will offer the chance to continue professional development in a fantastic working environment. This job is a great opportunity to join a business that is constantly moving forward and pushing new technology with its work.
The key elements of the role are (but not limited to):
* Contributing to the delivery of assigned Building Services projects.
* Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects.
* Liaising with and contributing to the management of internal and external stakeholders.
* Contributing to the achievement of client satisfaction and assistance with pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients.
* Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software (. IES, Revit, Hevacomp).
* Developing, maintaining, and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
* Maximising the profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, anticipating and reacting to potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations.
* Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in-depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members.
Who are we looking for?
Building Services Designer Engineers with Mechanical Design Experience
Membership (CEng / IEng) of CIBSE, or relevant and equivalent professional body
HNC/HND or related degree in building services.
The ability to provide technically sound design solutions.
Good understanding of relevant legislation, including CDM Regulations.
Ability to use AutoCAD, Hevacomp / Cymap / TAS.
Experience in working with minimal supervision and supporting other team members.
Full UK Driving Licence.
* CSCS card.
* Experience in using NES / HEVACOMP/ cable and lighting calculations and other relevant design / CA software.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain MOD and MOJ Baseline Security Clearances as a part of their probationary period with Amey.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers.
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one