1st Line IT Support Technician - Pontypool | Zoek UK | 4b5667
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
1st Line IT Support Technician
Pontypool, Torfaen , Wales
£25000 - £27000/annum + Other Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a well established Northamptonshire business, recruiting for an experienced 1st Line IT Support Technician to act as the first point of contact for IT queries, logging queries & ensuring response-handling in a timely manner. To provide first line support to users and escalate calls to other members of the IT team as appropriately needed.
Some experience of 2nd Line Support would be a benefit.
You should have key strengths across various software & hardware including; Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Active Directory, ERP systems, Printers & Telephones working to SLA's.
Key Duties Include:
* Ensure all IT queries are effectively logged using the IT Help desk System and that a response is provided in a timely manner to the end user.
* Prioritise IT tickets in order of seriousness / level
* Update the IT asset register.
* Provide first line telephone and desktop support to users.
* Support users with; Microsoft Windows 7/10, Office 2016 & 19. UNITY (ERP), Printing, Network etc..
* Liaise effectively with other IT team members to escalate & action IT queries as appropriate.
* Provide hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
* Effectively support users in the use of computer equipment through advice and informal training.
* Strong IT 1st Line Support experience as well as some 2nd Line Support would be beneficial
* Strong IT Administration experience
* Excellent understanding of Windows 10.
* Strong Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016.
* Knowledge of UNITY ERP & printing networks would be useful
* Supporting users on Microsoft Office various versions.
* Logical and organised approach to completing work.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
* Experienced in the Installation and configuration of business software.
* Excellent communication with third party providers and end users.
* Find solutions to problems and have a hands-on approach to support activities.
Interviews are to take place immediately for the right calibre of applicant/s, with an immediate start for the right person.
Commutable from: Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Gwent, Caerphilly, Cwbran, Magor, Pontypridd, Pontypool, Penarth, Barry, Bristol, Yate, Merthyr Tydfil & Abergavenny or towns & villages close to these key catchment areas