Engineering Compliance Manager - Preston | Zoek UK | 4b5e56
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Engineering Compliance Manager
Preston, Lancashire, England
£45000 - £50000/annum depending on experience
Permanent (Full time)
The vision of our client is to be the leading customer service focused provider of specialist utility and infrastructure solutions operating on both public and private networks. Providing great customer service is at the heart of what they do, and their commitment is to deliver this safely and innovatively through our highly skilled teams
Their power business operates across the UK serving broad portfolio of blue-chip clients including several distribution network operators (DNO’s) and commercial and industrial private electricity network operators. They are also a fully accredited independent connections provider.
In this role you will ensure that their power business achieves, retains and complies with the accreditations required for them to operate their business safely and effectively and deliver outstanding service to their clients.
As part of the continual improvement process you will be responsible for updating, consolidating and rationalising existing management systems and accreditations to ensure consistent high standards across all of the electricity network operations.
* Taking full control and responsibility relating to the continued certification of management systems held by the Company now or in the future.
* Managing all issues relevant to management systems including monitoring changes in regulatory and legislative requirements and ensuring our management systems are compliant, support company objectives, and meet client requirements.
* Review our management systems and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
* Identify opportunities to introduce consistent processes and documentation and make improvements to management systems across the power division.
* Support business development and tendering activities by providing expertise, information, and responses in relation to our accreditations and business systems.
* Ensure documented management systems are regularly reviewed and updated where necessary, working with process owners to facilitate the development of new policies and procedures as required.
* Ensuring the integration of management systems requirements into the Company’s business processes.
* Effective change management including version control and communication to all those affected by any changes.
* Facilitate external audits and internal management reviews as required to maintain accreditation and compliance with management systems.
* Ensure improvement actions are tracked and delivered in a timely manner.
* Identify where specialist support may be required and facilitate, as necessary.
* Ensure all our direct employees and our subcontractors and their employees have access to the necessary documentation and procedures.
* Communicating with employees to ensure understanding of management systems so that they can contribute to their effectiveness.
* Preferably a degree level qualification in business management, legal studies, business administration, project management or a similar field of study
Knowledge & Experience
* A good working knowledge of relevant legislative requirements including ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001
* A good working knowledge of industry specific accreditations including NERS, NICEIC, ECA,
* Experience of achieving and maintaining accreditations and facilitating external audits.
* Experience of preparing and communicating management system documentation and standards.
* Experience of FORS or Van Excellence Accreditations for fleet management systems/ policies