HGV CLASS 1 SHUNTER DRIVER - Langley Marish | Zoek UK | 4b613c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HGV CLASS 1 SHUNTER DRIVER
Langley Marish, Slough, England
Unspecified (Full time)
HGV CLASS 1 SHUNTER DRIVER URGENTLY NEEDED
Class 1 Personnel is actively looking for a talented HGV Class 1 Shunter Driver to work for our client DHL.
HGV Class 1 shunter drivers that can show a demonstrable experience of moving trailers from doors to park, working with a Fork Lift Driver to get trailers prepared to put on doors ready for loading.
The standard working hours for this HGV Class 1 Shunter position are 04:00 - 13:45.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
As the HGV Class 1 Shunter Driver you'll report to the Transport Supervisor
* Moving trailers from doors to park, working with a fork lift driver to get trailers prepared to put on doors ready for loading.
* Liaising with the warehouse supervisors to move trailers as requested, putting roller beds up and down
* Liaising with fleet / transport supervisors to move 18ts on and off of doors / VOR trailers
* There are set plans in place were training will be given to understand the operation requirements
* Use of a hand held radio for communication between warehouse
It’s essential that you possess the following:
- Valid C + e-license
- Valid CPC and Digi card
- Able to provide your last 5 years work history (gaps over 28 need a gap reference)
- Prepared to undergo a UK criminal check
- Good communication skills
- Thorough and pay attention to detail
- Patience and able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as either a HGV Driver, HGV Shunter driver or as a HGV Class 1 Driver.
Basic salary: £36,899PA
Overtime: You'll also have the opportunity to earn additional overtime in this role
Additional benefits include:
- On site canteen
- Secure onsite parking
- Use of onsite gym
- Uniform provided including summer and winter clothing
- Regular recognition and inclusion
- Friendly team to work with
- Potential to become a DHL employee in the future – more perks available if becoming DHL employee
- If shunting is not required would be asked to do driving work on occasion but still paid the enhanced shunters rate
The business you'll be working for is global leader in the logistics industry. Specializing in international shipping, courier services and transportation.
They're a company that people want to work for because they are ranked 4th best employer to work for in the UK.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this HGV Class 1 Shunter Driver role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews