Health & Safety - Bradford - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 4b67ac
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health & Safety Manager
Bradford - This Area Only
£35000 - £38000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Health & Safety Manager – £35k- £38K plus package
Based over 3 Bradford sites within walking distance.
Ideally looking for someone with manufacturing -distribution or construction because of the nature of the role and process driven environments/safety.
This is a brilliant new senior opportunity for a Health, Safety Manager to join an established and nationally recognised Manufacturer who a market leader in their specialist field.
Working on multiple projects across the 3 Bradford sites, this hands-on position represents an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking business that is looking to expand their HSE function as well as offering exceptional development opportunities.
Involved in a maintaining and implementing compliance throughout the 3 sites and assisting the line managers to engage in enforcing processes, overseeing their input and training where needed, it really needs someone who inserted the running and processes of a busy manufacturing distribution site to know the challenges this role comes with and enjoys influencing the right continued processes for the sites.
The business needs the HSE Manager to maintain and improve standards in a fast-growing business that holds strong integral values. Reporting directly into the HRBP, this role can be a superb opportunity for the right autonomous Health and Safety Professional to work within a successful and friendly business and have the opportunity to see a variety of diverse sites across the 3 Bradford locations.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
* Providing Health and Safety advice and guidance to site and operation teams.
* Complete Site inspections, audits and accident investigations.
* Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
* Attending Health and Safety Meetings as appropriate
* Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
* Ensure the company is compliant with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations providing guidance and advise to company directors and management team.
* Keep up to date will all new and existing health, safety and environmental legislation.
* Carry out site inspections and regular audits, report findings and corrective recommendations to company Directors and managers
* Provide regular reports to Directors and Senior Management team.
* Drive and manage compliance and achievement of site H&S and environmental objectives.
* Carry out Risk Assessments on all work equipment & activities, reviewing as appropriate and ensuring involvement of shop-floor and managers in such processes.
* Identify and assess training requirements and ensure all employees are sufficiently trained in environmental and health & safety matters
* Plan training schedules (assisting in the delivery of training sessions)
* Develop the existing environmental and health and safety system along with policies, procedures, SSoW etc
* Schedule Fire Extinguisher maintenance; PAT testing; employee hearing tests and all other relevant checks / maintenance to ensure compliance with H&S legislation
* Schedule Fire Evacuations at least twice annually.
* Maintain appropriate levels of First Aiders; Fire Marshalls and Banksmen and arrange training as necessary
* Hold regular meetings with H&S Representatives and managers ensuring they are pro-active and take a lead role in promoting good health and safety practice within their work areas.
* Take the lead on all accident / incident investigations, ensuring statements, reports are written up and submitted and report as RIDDOR if necessary and provide recommendations on preventative measures.
* Liaise with insurers on any injury claims, gather documentation and keep records of all claims along with outcomes.
* Bring to the attention of the relevant departmental manager any breach of Health and Safety procedure or policies.
Salary negotiable DOE with excellent benefits and working hours flexibility.
I look forward to hearing from you.