Health and Safety Adviser - Speke | Zoek UK | 4b804e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health and Safety Adviser
Speke, Liverpool, England
Contract (Full time)
Our client, a global pharmaceutical company, are looking for a Health and Safety (H&S) Adviser to join their team in Liverpool. The role is initially a 12 month contract and is inside IR35.
Health and Safety Adviser (H&S) Responsibilities:
* As a member of the site EHS team you will be assigned to a dedicated multi-disciplined project team for delivery of a new product to site. You will be responsible for safe delivery of capital project as well as EHS aspects associated with operational readiness. This will involve coordinating and providing guidance on EHS issues and updating / consulting back with the site EHS team
* In this role you will also be responsible for safe systems of work co-ordination for site maintenance tasks . issuing permits to work
* To provide expert H&S advice, leadership and technical expertise in the form of written policies, guidelines and procedures, verbal communications and practical involvement, thus fulfilling the legal requirement of competent person.
* To participate in the development, progression and implementation of the site safety management system, and to attend Team H&S meetings in order to promote the SMS philosophy and obtain feedback to ensure consistency in standards and approach.
* To interpret and ensure appropriate application of all H&S legislation from UK and Europe and incorporate them into safe project delivery and Operational Readiness.
* Facilitate and sustain Risk/COSHH assessment and other programmes to meet regulatory and corporate requirements.
* Review and oversee accident/incident reports and investigations, and ensure correct reporting to HSE and corporate to meet legislative requirements
* Participate in projects at the Speke site. Where appropriate, review process and equipment change controls to ensure no negative impact on H&S requirements.
* Maintain and update knowledge by attendance at seminars, courses and conferences, and reading of relevant H&S journals and publications. Share best practices across teams on site.
* Safe execution and oversight of safe systems of work
Health and Safety (H&S) Adviser Requirements:
* NEBOSH, Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent)
* Ideally a background within manufacturing, medical or pharmaceutical environment
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website