Customer Service Advisor - Slough - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 4b8832
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Customer Service Advisor
Slough - This Area Only
£20000 - £25000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
The role will involve:
• working closely with both the Key Account Manager and customers to ensure all aspects of shipments are understood and carried out efficiently
• working closely with shipping lines, hauliers and packing warehouses to ensure the most cost effective solution for the customer is realised
• investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security
• arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods and also the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination
• arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client
• utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods
• dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes
• maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey
• maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
Experience / Skills Required:
Whilst previous knowledge of working within Freight Forwarding, or Customs Clearances will give any applicant an advantage, it’s not essential since full training will be given.
The role therefore would also suit someone looking to start a new career.
• Communication skills, as you'll be liaising with a variety of people
• Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
• Organisational and planning skills
• Teamwork, tact, and good interpersonal skills
• Sensitivity to culture and religion
• Good geographical knowledge
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Problem-solving ability and a “can do” attitude
• The ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Numeracy and computer literacy.
Additional aspects may be included depending on an applicant’s skill set and experience