Site Engineer Civils/Structures - Marylebone | Zoek UK | 4b8f53
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Site Engineer Civils/Structures
Marylebone, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is one of the UK’s specialist civil engineering contractors.
As a result of a significant workload they are looking for experienced site engineers civils/structures to work on a number of awards in London and the surrounding area.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be required to accurately set out the works in accordance with the drawings and ensure they are constructed in accordance with the specification.
Perform a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction and other site engineering projects. Beyond their technical role, they work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for site security, health and safety, and the organisation and supervision of material and human resources.
Essential & Desired experience/Qualifications
• BSc Eng. in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
Set out the works using appropriate instruments to an acceptable level of accuracy having regard to the drawing, specification and site instructions;
• Surveying the site
• Civils, Groundwork/Structures experience
• Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use in the construction, and agreeing prices for items
• Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
• Liaising with any consultants and/or sub-contractors engaged in the project
• Attending regular meetings with clients, architects and consultants, and keeping them informed of progress
• Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of any subcontractors
• Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are adhered to
• Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise.
• Must have relevant, up to date CSCS Card