Procurement Business - Birmingham - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 4bb694
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Procurement Business Partner
Birmingham - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Closing Date: 29/09/2021
Are you a public procurement professional? Fancy a new challenge? Want to be part of the celebration of sport and culture in 2022? Keen to fast track your exposure in public procurement and work in a unique environment of very varied categories? If you have the experience and drive to support the delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games please follow the links to come join our fabulous team.
We are looking for a Procurement Business Partner to lead a team of Category Managers and report directly to the Head of Procurement. If you understand the importance of stakeholder management, can evidence end to end Public sector procurement application, can show resilience and a passion for procurement we may be the right home for you. The pace is fast, the workload is varied and the team is hardworking and committed.
- Management of a Category Tower that will include management, supervision and guidance of Category Manager and Assistant Category Manager roles.
- Acting as key point of contact for procurement requirements at both PCR2015/FTS (Formerly OJEU) and sub levels.
- Delegate effectively while managing a portfolio of procurements in the games procurement environment to meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters.
- Balance the needs of multiple stakeholders across Birmingham 2022 and externally to deliver the best value commercial and operational outcomes for the Corporation, including consideration and maximisation of sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of procurements in the games procurement environment to meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters in accordance with good professional practices, legislative requirements, Organising Committee policies and procedures, OJEU thresholds and public purchasing regulations.
- Coordinate and participate in the effective negotiation of high profile and complex deals for the procurement, rate card and contract management of goods and services across Birmingham 2022.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement as required and support them the in development of a continuous improvement methodology and take ownership of specific project tasks where appropriate.
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities
Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive public sector procurement experience, with evidence of delivery of end-to-end OJEU/sub-OJEU procurements. Competitive dialogue experience is advantageous.
- Previous experience in the supervision and development of a procurement delivery team.
- Use of e-tendering software in end to end tendering.
- Experience in facilitating procurement outcomes to improve value for money propositions and support our legacy objectives in relation to social value and sustainability.
- Preparation of contractual documents for external/ public review.
- Contract management experience across a variety of contracting methods including fixed price, cost plus, schedule of rates, panel of providers.
- Advanced skills in MS office applications, contract management systems, P2P awareness, E-tender software (Awareness of Dynamic's P2P, Delta e-tender, smartsheets would be an advantageous but not essential).
Location:One Brindley Place, Birmingham (full time office-based)
Salary:£55,000 - £60,000
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies