Scientist IV HPLC - Oxford | Zoek UK | 4bd100
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Scientist IV HPLC
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
*Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.*
Oxford BioMedica's Analytical Services Group supports the development of products through analytical testing to facilitate manufacturing and process development, ensuring appropriate quality controls and use of analytics.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist IV ASG to join the team. The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and report laboratory-based experiments or analytical investigations in accordance with scientific or regulatory requirements, in alignment with department objectives.
*Your responsibilities in this role would be:*
* Design and conduct experiments/investigations in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures under the direction of the Group Leader or Senior Scientist.
* Develop and conduct analytical methods including UPLC/HPLC.
* Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations in order that information is clearly captured, disseminated and reported.
* Present scientific data at internal meetings and external venues such as conferences.
* Conduct research and technical support of the highest quality, largely in a single project area but will assist in other projects as the need arises.
* Ensure experimental data is submitted to PatentSafe in a timely manner.
* Maintenance of a laboratory area and HPLC equipment. Personally responsible for the completion of tasks in relation to their criticality.
* Joint responsibility for maintenance and compliance of a GxP laboratory area and GxP "housekeeping" procedures.
* Writing and reviewing of departmental documentation and SOP's.
* Preparation of reports and documents to support GxP and regulatory activities.
*To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:*
* Minimum BSc Degree programme level with relevant technical analytical experience with particular emphasis on HPLC and UPLC.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of GxP.
* Knowledge in Virology and gene therapy would be an advantage.
* Relevant scientific experience in qPCR Molecular Biology and protein chemistry would be an advantage.
* Competency in performing laboratory tasks and general experimental procedures with expertise in one or more areas.
* Good understanding in the use of complex instrumentation eg qPCR, FACS or using difficult biological procedures that requires a specialist knowledge or skill.
* Good understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements.
* Competency in data capture reporting and management systems . PatentSafe and archiving.
* Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements . GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems.
* Detailed knowledge of the regulatory requirements for analytical work (. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc).
* Capable of following company standard operating procedures and requirements.
* High level of familiarity with the current literature in a defined project area.
* Ability to interpret results and propose suitable actions for discussion with the Group Leader.
* Ability to work well in the team and coordinate work with other scientists and departments to ensure timely completion of projects/tasks.
* Ability to communicate scientific results clearly and concisely at internal meetings and external venues such as conferences.
* Attention to detail.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* Ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure.
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic
*Do you want to feel inspired every day? We're future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.*
*Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.*
No agencies please.
We are committed to offering highly competitive reward packages for all our staff. That's why, every year, we benchmark our salaries and benefits against the local pharmaceutical market - by that, we mean that we compare our packages with those of other major companies in the London, Oxford, Cambridge areas.
We're looking for highly skilled, focused individuals to help us deliver life-changing therapies to patients. It's no mean feat, and we have to work together to make this happen.
Along the way, you'll have a rich variety of opportunities to really develop your career. We'll also give you a generous set of employee benefits and a competitive salary.!