Operations and Retail Manager - Bristol | Zoek UK | 4bd89e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Operations and Retail Manager - Charity
Operations and Retail Manager - Charity
Our client is recruiting on behalf of an innovative charity that saves furniture, electrical appliances and paint destined for landfill, gives them some much needed TLC and provides them affordably to those in need.
They are also a leading member of a national network of over 150 UK community organisations re-using furniture and appliances for the alleviation of poverty and providing employability opportunities.
They are now looking for an Operations and Retail Manager to join them in Bristol to oversee the retail and warehouse operations in the region.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Support the success of a well-established charity
- Take on a senior management role within the organisation
If you are a highly organised retail professional with strong people management skills and logistics or warehouse experience, and who prides themselves on their great attention to detail, this is a brilliant opportunity to give back to the Bristol community by supporting the success of a charitable organisation.
Boasting modern, light, eclectic stores, the organisation is not your typical second-hand charity shop. They are focused on upcycling and targeting online retail as well as physical stores. There are plenty of innovative programmes to get involved with and drive sales and you'll have key input into the direction of the retail activities.
So, if you are looking to develop your operational and commercial career and take on an important role where no two days are the same, our client wants to hear from you.
As the Operations and Retail Manager, you will oversee the organisation's retail and warehouse operations, ensuring that commercial and financial targets are met.
Working with the Chief Executive and Trustees, you will advise on all operational matters, formulating strategies and agreeing to operational goals that contribute to the ongoing success and growth of the charity.
Ensuring that all departments are well organised and that essential tasks are achieved in a timely and effective manner, you will also oversee customer service, supervise staff, provide clear leadership, coaching and constructive feedback.
Specifically, you will:
- Recruit, develop, coach and motivate your team
- Identify and action all training needs
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy
- Manage the branding and visual merchandising in shops, on the website and social media
- Liaise with HMP Leyhill to organise work experience placements
- Ensure that the charity complies with all regulatory requirements
- Support commercial and contract negotiations
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to optimise costs and benefits
- Take accountability for daily audit processes and stock takes
- Lead and organise all external operational audits
To be considered as the Operations and Retail Manager, you will need:
- To be a highly organised, professional manager with the strong ability to pay attention to detail
- A minimum of three years' retail and logistics and/or warehouse experience gained in a commercial environment
- Strong people management, leadership and supervisory skills
- Great customer service skills
- A track record of successfully working to targets
- Proficiency in IT, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- Demonstrable experience in the use of social media for marketing purposes
- A full driving licence
Please note, this role will require the ability and willingness to drive a tonne vehicle.
Experience of the charity/non-profit sector and working in partnership with trustees would be beneficial, as would experience of overseeing Environmental Agency licensing and registration. Knowledge of the prison/parole system or working with ex-offenders would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of the Bristol area.
A Driver CPC or forklift licence (counterbalance) would be equally favourable.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Operations Manager, Retail & Warehouse Manager, Senior Retail Manager, Site Operations Manager, Retail Site Operations Manager, or Retail Manager.
Webrecruit, our clients and any associated companies are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as an Operations and Retail Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.