Senior Mechanical Engineer - Little Marlow | Zoek UK | 4bdb0e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Little Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Chelton wants you!
Are you on the lookout for an electrifying career in a dynamic, booming industry? Are you passionate about what you do and constantly on the lookout for the next big idea? Then we want you!
Aerospace and defence equipment wouldn’t be able to operate if it wasn’t for avionic design and manufacturers like Chelton. We pride ourselves on working with customers and being attuned to industry trends to expand the possibilities of aerospace and defence and give our customers a helping hand in achieving mission success. Working in challenging environments, producing failsafe technology with smart thinking – it’s just what we do. But we couldn’t do it without the Chelton A-team. That’s why we’re on the look out to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to our elite workforce.
No two days are ever the same at Chelton, you will be faced with new challenges to overcome. From the very beginning, you will be able to take full ownership and accountability to see products through to success. After all, where would we be if it wasn’t for the people behind the products?
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create and excite.
This role will be based at our headquarters in Marlow, Buckinghamshire with travel to customer sites.
Your skills and experience
The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Antenna System products for use in demanding air, land and sea environments.
In this role, you will be expected to be creative and innovative in the generation of concepts and detailed designs using 3D CAD and FEA & CFD simulation tools. Your responsibilities will include the generation of drawings and ERP data for both internal and external customers using approved procedures and processes.
You will provide expert technical guidance to the mechanical design team and support the Chief Mechanical Engineer in maintaining a high quality technical output on time and to cost.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience of engineering product life cycle and development phases.
* Experience of using 3D CAD packages, use of Solidworks would be an advantage
* Experience working within the Aerospace Sector or similar regulated industry
* An understanding of most aspects of mechanical engineering, including structural analysis and CFD (predominantly Thermal).
* A broad understanding of materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications
* Knowledge of composite design and production techniques (ideally GFRP)
* Experience of the airborne environment would be advantageous
* A proven ability to support change within an organisation
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
* Produce concept and detailed designs using 3D CAD ensuring that solutions are fit for purpose and cost effective.
* Act as Lead Engineer on projects and bids when required
* Use FEA and CFD tools supported by hand calculations to simulate mechanical behaviour
* Generate and amend drawings and documentation to appropriate standards including BS8888 and Bills of Materials.
* Undertake tolerance analysis of designs including Geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing.
* Investigate and define answers to design problems via NCR’s from manufacturing.
* Continuous improvement of processes and tools including support to corporate change initiatives
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also join a flexible benefits scheme offering private medical insurance, life assurance, matched pension and 25 days holiday per annum with the ability to buy and sell days. We are also happy to offer flexible working and a part-subsidised cafeteria.
Securing success in some of the world’s most demanding environments isn’t just down to Chelton’s failsafe, pioneering technology. From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare, it’s all driven by the people behind it.
Top-level talent pushing boundaries from the moment we first explore requirements. Always looking for new ways to meet tough challenges. And asking the right questions to find answers that redefine capabilities.
At Chelton, we’re proud to be on our customers’ team. Bringing together smart thinking, technological excellence and future vision – whatever their system ambitions