Cashier - Bedford | Zoek UK | 4bf632
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£20000 - £21000/annum benefits
Contract (Full time)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an established company in Bedford. It will be on a fixed term contract of 6 months – full time. They are a great team to join, and are looking for someone eager and motivated who fulfils all or most of the below.
The role will be providing a Cashier Service for all the companies within a well-known group of businesses. The jobholder will provide a Cashier service for all companies within a well-established group. You will help to achieve target and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service, ensuring that your responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Group and/or Company policies. The Cashier function is responsible for the management and control of all commercial bank accounts across this established group.
• Manages assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
• Provides relevant management information to senior management
• Banks and allocates incoming cash and cheques
• Processes cheque and electronic payments for all Group company bank accounts
• Processes inter-group cash transfer requests for all Group company bank accounts
• Reviews and arranges authorization of correctly processed payment requests
• Processing of entries onto Group company Accounting and Banking systems
• Reconciles and maintain all bank and system records
• Processes IBA credit card payments
• Deals with accounts queries promptly and efficiently
• Keeps informed of all regulatory and legal changes which impacts on the job role
• Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
• Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Policy, Process and Procedures:
• Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures, in particular CASS (Client Asset Sourcebook) rules
Regulatory and Compliance:
• Ensures compliance of self and team (as appropriate if the job holder has line management responsibilities) with all applicable legal, fiscal and regulatory obligations in the form of policies and procedures
• Ensures correct authorization is obtained and processes followed when required by the Operating Entity and/or Group
• Ensures performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Operating Entity and/or Group’s requirements
• Maintains accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
• Operates in an honest, professional and ethical manner
• Strictly adheres to the Group Employee Code of Conduct which strongly aligns to the FCA’s code of conduct that all regulated entities must adhere to
• Completes all relevant regulatory training
• Experience not essential, training will be given. However, preference will be given to applicants who have some experience of working in an office environment in an administrative capacity, ideally with numerical information
It will be an advantage if the applicant has an understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market
GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Math’s and English essential (to Grade C or the equivalent)
If this sounds like something you have the experience for and are happy with doing a contract role… then please apply today! Nicola is the consultant on the role as is happy to answer questions at
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on (phone number removed)..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website