Field Based Vehicle Technician - Southampton | Zoek UK | 4bf6e5
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Field Based Vehicle Technician - Southampton
Start your new career journey today with the RAC, working in partnership with some of the leading motor manufacturers. By joining our team, you will be part of an incredible success story, one of the UKs most trusted brands and you will be an integral member of RAC and key to our continued growth and delivery of exceptional service.
Working as a field-based Vehicle Technician you will cover a large geographical area carrying out specialist vehicle repair work at the customer's location of choice, supporting our partner's dealer network. You could also be completing vehicle and component examinations and audits on trade premises so a very interesting and diverse role were main activities will include:
- Engaging with customers directly
- Following specific vehicle repair procedures
- Producing task completion and condition reporting as required
- Liaising with the office support functions and department managers to maximise own and team productivity and efficiency
This role is not like working in a garage, you will be out meeting customers at their home or business location, providing first class customer service and exceeding their expectations. Not only do you have the freedom of being out on the road, but you will also:
- Have your own RAC Service vehicle for work
- Not have to worry about buying your own tools
- No daily stress about what to wear to work as you will receive an RAC Uniform
Full training and technical support will be provided for this role and you will have access to a broad range of career progression opportunities; you could develop your career into Roadside Operations as a Patrol, team management, training or even into other business areas if you fancy a new direction
Be rewarded with additional benefits including pension, life cover, a generous holiday entitlement, breakdown cover for you and your household and also access to a comprehensive Flexible Benefits Scheme so you can tailor the benefits to suit your lifestyle.
What are we looking for in you?
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent motor trade industry experience with sound mechanical knowledge of all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
- Strong oral and written communications skills and comfortable working in customer-facing role
- Organised, work well under pressure and prepared to take ownership to get the job done
- Capable of working alone with limited supervision
- A good understanding of vehicle diagnostics, software updates and electric/hybrid vehicles would be an advantage but not essential
- Full Driving Licence
Apply now to begin an exciting journey with us at RAC OrangeHeroes