Accounts Assistant - Bedford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Basic Salary: £20-28k + 22 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays + Staff Discount + Free Parking
Permanent (Full time)
No one really wants to grow up do they? We certainly don't! If you're an Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable Clerk and want to help us lead and manage the accounts payable function within our brilliant children's toy business, then this role could be for you!
BASIC SALARY: £20,000 to £28,000
· 22 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Free Parking
· Staff discount on our flagship products
This role is based in South Bedfordshire, but commutable distances could include Bedford, Luton, Flitwick, Milton Keynes, Dunstable, Hitchin.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable Clerk
The pandemic has been tough on everyone. Yet despite everything, we, as a company have been very fortunate to come through this pandemic stronger as a business unit.
We adapted quickly, and because we had already started our digital evolution, we saw our sales increase dramatically through this last year.
This puts us in a really good place as we go through 2021. We are looking to grow our business further and add some real talent to our team to help move our business forward selling iconic children's toys.
This is where you'll come in as our Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable Clerk.
You'll join a growing Finance team and manage the accounts payable function of our business. You'll be exposed to all areas so it is really important that you are a self-starter and someone who wants to get involved as there will be room for personal career progression.
These areas will include:
· Maintenance of Purchase Ledger, Staff Expenses, and Indirect Procurement controls and procedures.
· Provide reports and oversights of all AP transactions.
· Process all invoices and credit notes in an efficient and timely manner.
· Make sure date and invoices are input correctly.
· Own the month end and open and close processes for AP, cash and bank, and purchasing.
As this is such a important role with our business it is important that you have worked within a Account Assistant's or a Accounts Payable role.
You'll also have the following:
· Understanding of VAT and Tax Documentation rules, as well as VAT Returns.
· Knowledge of basic accounting - double entry, general ledger and sub-ledgers.
· Knowledge of accounting systems such as SAP B1.
It would also be useful but not essential to have:
· An accounting qualification - AAT or Part Qualified.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
So, if you want to join a company who own some of the most iconic brands in the children's markets and sell into well over 40 countries worldwide, then click apply or contact Adrian Wright at Wallace Hind Selection for a confidential conversation.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Retail, Accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Assistant, Finance.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client.