Support Worker | Zoek
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Up to £8.21 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Support Worker
As a support worker at Voyage Care, you will support a number of individuals aged 1865, on a 1:1 basis. All of the individuals we support have varying degrees of Learning Disabilities, Autism, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injuries (this varies depending on which service you would work for). Youll help the individuals to lead as fulfilling a life as possible, assisting them to make informed choices and maintain as much independence as possible.
We would assist the people we support with various activities, such as bowling, shopping, day trips and short breaks away. This is a shift based role so flexibility is essential.
For this position, previous experience is required due to the needs of the people we support.
Your duties will also include:
- Providing personal care
- Moving and handling needs
- Support with medication and complex clinical needs
- Assisting with daily living tasks
- Helping people to learn new skills
- Encouraging people to reach their full potential
- Supporting people to live as independently as possible
We offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Paid DBS and holidays
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Childcare vouchers
lick Apply to complete our one page applicationAll applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 9 days ago