Group Health & Safety Advisor
£32000 per annum
Group Health & Safety Advisor Rotherham, South Yorkshire (office/field based, with nationwide travel)
Our client is an industrial engineering services group that provides turnkey engineering solutions to customers across the UK and Europe.
They are now looking for a Group Health & Safety Advisor to join a subsidiary of their business, a leading specialist for factory/industrial relocation and installation services.
- Up to £32,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- DiS benefit
- Company benefits scheme
This is the ideal role for a NEBOSH qualification health and safety professional from a construction, engineering or industrial background to take on an exceptional role with a leading, nationwide company.
Our client takes their business seriously and they are committed to driving a health and safety culture and agenda.
You will have the chance to make a positive, lasting impact on the success of the business and the group as a whole whilst getting involved with a wide range of projects.
As the Group Health & Safety Advisor, you will be tasked with promoting health and safety across the group and offering expert advice on all health and safety matters for staff, contractors and members of the public.
Specifically, you will promote and assess group policies, the integrated management system and QESH arrangements, as well as undertaking safety inspections and audits of group premises, sites and working areas.
Additionally, you will:
- Travel to sites nationwide to support health and safety activities, objectives, inspections and audits
- Undertake overnight stays as part of your role
- Work in collaboration with the QESH Co-ordinator to report and track areas of concern
- Report to the group Health and Safety Manager
- Prepare written and verbal reports for management and directors
- Assist in accident and incident investigations
- Support the organisation and delivery of training for health and safety
- Provide advice on inspection regimes
To be considered as the Group Health & Safety Advisor, you will need:
- At a minimum, a NEBOSH General Certificate
- Experience in a similar H&S advisory role working in construction, engineering or industrial sectors
- The ability to disseminate technical information and/or data and present it in a practical operational format on all aspects of Health and Safety
- A good level of IT literacy including competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A full, current driving licence
A National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent) would be beneficial to your application. A qualification in an engineering discipline would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Health and Safety Advisor, H&S Advisor, HSE Advisor, Group H&S Advisor, Group HSE Advisor, Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor, or Occupational H&S Advisor.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to step into the next phase in your career as a Group Health & Safety Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Posted 5 days ago