Senior Site Engineer
Heywood, Greater Manchester, England
Senior Site Engineer
Location: Heywood, OL10 2JG
Hours of Work: 09:30-17:30 Monday - Friday
About the Company:
SSE Audio Group provides services to the live events industry. Established in 1976 for sound equipment hire and sales, SSE is now the largest UK supplier in this sector with offices in Redditch in the West Midlands, Heywood in Greater Manchester and Park Royal in London.
About the Senior Site Engineer role:
The purpose of this role is to work on client sites as part of the installations department, supervising and delivering equipment installations projects. The Senior Site Engineer will ensure projects are carried out effectively, to an agreed specification, on budget, in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client. This involves coordination with the sales team, the installation team, other SSE departments (such as fabrications) and external parties including site managers, contractors, consultants, suppliers and the client. The Senior Site Engineer will work as part of team to ensure that exceptional service is provided to SSE's installation clients.
The role includes the development of installation processes, looking for and implementing improvements to make installations as effective and efficient as possible. The role requires the incumbent to work flexibly, in a developing environment. In addition the role may be required to assist, or cover for, other roles within the operation for which full training / support will be given.
Our installations projects are throughout the UK and as such there will be periods of time where you will be required to work away from home.
Senior Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage own workloads to ensure all activities are managed to conclusion with anything outstanding is identified and reported along correct channels
- Working with Sales department to ensure that technical concepts are viable from an engineering view point before it is quoted
- Assisting with estimates for delivery times and labour costs
- Creating system schematics, loudspeaker layouts, cable schedules, rack drawings, power requirements, rigging and loading requirements and other detail required for the installation
- Liaising with customers to ensure needs are met whilst ensuring end-users of systems and equipment are correctly trained
- Work on site and assisting with installations, supervising other site engineers assigned to the project
- Responsible for Quality Control for the installation work and will ensure that the service team have the correct documentation to be able to fix and maintain systems once completed, when appropriate
- Monitoring of stock levels and informing management if they fall below operational levels.
Senior Site Engineer Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years on-site experience in a similar role
- Technical knowledge of professional audio equipment / audio systems (including setting up, installing, operating and servicing)
- Knowledge of lighting or video (Desirable)
- Experience of managing / supervising others (Desirable)
- Aptitude for working with electronics
- Good communication skills and customer service skills including telephone manner
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Competent with the use of computers and ability to use databases
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, whilst recognising when to ask questions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Full UK driving license
- The right to work and remain in the UK
Senior Site Engineer Benefits:
- 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Branded clothing supplied
- Following 1 year of service Health Cash and Life Insurance Plan
If you feel that you meet the Senior Site Engineer requirements, then please apply now!
Posted 42 days ago