Assistant Director, Value Creation Services, Transaction Services, London | Zoek
Assistant Director, Value Creation Services, Transaction Services, London
Permanent (Full time)
Value Creation Services (VCS) is a hands-on, delivery focused performance improvement team. We support Private Equity backed businesses and corporates who want to take an accelerated lens to performance improvement in delivering improvements to their cash & EBITDA position. Our team is pragmatic in its approach and helps businesses overcome challenges by supporting management (and owners, where appropriate) to drive sustainable operational change.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
This is an opportunity to leverage your performance improvement and turnaround experience in a stimulating new environment. Our VCS practice is experiencing rapid growth and we now have multiple opportunities across the team to recruit high calibre delivery individuals.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Private Equity and corporate clients in delivering performance improvement initiatives and turnarounds. Successful candidates will benefit from a demonstrable strong track record in delivering performance improvement initiatives, experience in navigating senior stakeholders and strong analytical skills, including Excel/PowerPoint capability.
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting clients in assessing the value creation potential within their business, and developing action plans to deliver against performance improvement initiatives
• Working hands-on with management teams do get buy-in across the business and implement agreed initiatives within an accelerated timeframe to maximise value
• Working with colleagues from Financial Advisory, Consulting and the broader Deloitte network, the team provide our clients with a coherent overview of the business operations, performance gaps and the potential for rapid improvement
• Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full time position. We can however consider a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
• Experience of being a consultant or line manager who has played a significant role in realising performance improvement or delivering an operational turnaround at an accelerated pace;
• Proven experience in the implementation of performance improvement projects or turnarounds;
• Experience with private equity portfolio companies is strongly preferred;
• Functional capability in supply chain or finance with lean six sigma experience desirable;
• Cash and working capital liquidity management experience;
• Project Management capability;
• Developed your skills in a top management consultancy or a corporate environment - preferably both;
• Excellent academics with a strong first degree or equivalent qualification as a minimum;
• Demonstration of previous analytical roles;
• Experience of working with senior management;
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
• Flexibility for international travel.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy**
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
agile ways : https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=li7KaYBmOrk Top 30 Employers for Working Families : Times Top 50 Employers for Women : https://gender.bitc.org.uk/awards-benchmarking/TTT502018
Posted 12 days ago