iOS Engineer (Mid-Senior)
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
iOS Engineer (Mid-Senior)
£40-70K remote or part-remote, UK based
Come join a team of creative problem-solvers dedicated to simplifying the hunt for perfect-fitting glasses. We're making shopping for glasses as easy as picking up your phone and we need your help to move quicker and think bigger.
Our current solutions use augmented reality backed by patented computer vision processing to ensure accurate measurements and let our users try on frames virtually for style and the perfect fit.
We're a well-funded startup with significant partners in the industry, onboarded optical brands and decades of product and engineering experience. We know where we're headed and have a roadmap to get there. We're a division of Fuel3D, born out of Oxford University, our parent company develops innovative 3D scanning solutions across a range of industries from medical research to retail and has offices in Oxford, UK as well as the USA.
So what will you be doing?...
As an iOS engineer you'll join our small team consisting of engineering veterans with backgrounds from iOS, C++, data science, 3D modelling and Quality Assurance.
Our iOS apps are 100% Swift, built using SwiftUI, Combine and Concurrency with a minimum deployment target of iOS 15. There’s no mountain of tech debt to inherit, we track and make time for tech debt as part of our process.
We follow Agile processes as a guide to help us iterate quickly and release QA tested app updates weekly without feeling like the house is on fire.
We have existing CI using Fastlane through Azure DevOps for automated unit and UI testing as well as release management. We pragmatically write unit tests to ensure code quality and work alongside our QA on UI tests.
As a tech-centric organisation, our engineers are fundamental to our success, your contributions will make a big impact. We aim to ship changes that make a real difference to users every single week.
We don't expect everyone to be quite so bleeding-edge, so long as you're pragmatic, have a growth mindset and are keen to learn you'll have the support you need to grow into the role.
Who you are …
- You're an experienced mobile engineer with significant commercial iOS app experience
- You're a proactive team player with strong communication skills.
- You're confident working through the entire project lifecycle from inception, to design, architecture, delivery and maintenance.
- You're used to working in a structured but dynamic, fast-paced environment where priorities and plans can change.
- You're comfortable with ambiguity, we don't have all the answers yet, we work together to find the best routes forward.
- You're confident working autonomously, wearing many hats and finding the answers you need from inside the team as well as beyond.
- You're keen to contribute product and technical ideas and suggestions to drive our team and products forward.
- You're humble about what you know and don't know, you ask for help and generously share your understanding with others.
- You look forward to WWDC to see what the future has in store and how it could help drive things forward.
What we need from you …
- Passion for iOS development and a desire to evaluate and learn new platform and language features.
- Significant experience building apps with Swift and solving non-trivial problems.
- Experience designing and building complex user interfaces.
- A willingness to improve yourself, the team, products and processes by giving and receiving feedback and suggestions, whether through code review, pair programming or retrospectives.
- Proficiency using Git (command-line or via tools) as part of a collaborative working practice.
- A follower of best practices, SOLID principles and design patterns when appropriate.
- A BSc in Computer Science or similar relevant qualification / work experience as an iOS engineer.
You may also have …
- An interest in iOS camera technologies, computer vision or machine learning.
- Any 3D experience, ideally with ARKit and Scene/RealityKit.
- Experience developing with usability and accessibility in mind.
- Experience with CI platforms, ideally Azure DevOps.
What we offer in return …
Make a difference by joining a brilliant team of likeminded individuals working toward a common goal.
We offer a competitive salary, share options and a great range of benefits including remote-friendly and flexible working, Vitality Health Insurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (and holiday trading), pension matching (up to 5%), and employee assistance programme.
It's an exciting time to join our team, we've just released our first customer-facing app 'Mirror by FitsYou' enabling AR virtual trial for frames including support for app clips. We're actively working on the next generation of Mirror as well as our upcoming 'Measure' app and we'd love your help.
Make an impact, join a team building uncommonly good experiences that make a difference to real people, get in touch today.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you're interested in what we're doing and you tick most of the boxes, don't hold back. We recognise the value a diverse workforce brings and are looking to add to the richness of it with more wonderfully diverse people.
Please note: You must have the right to work in the UK, unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas.
If this sounds like you …
... then we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply by uploading your CV with a covering letter telling us about yourself. Nothing tells your story quite like seeing your GitHub projects, any articles you've written, and the apps you've worked on so please do share them. Don't worry, we always take into account that personal projects have different quality and complexity expectations.
If you would like to have an informal conversation, please email me at ###### and we can arrange a time to chat.
Fuel3D is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all.
Sorry, we are not using agencies at this time.