Licensing Officer | Zoek
£22.48 - £28 per hour + PAYE/UMBRELLA
Contract (Full time)
A 2 year contract opportunity for a Licensing Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Merton.
The Licensing team deal with over thirty different types of licences or registrations. These cover a range of activities from the supply by retail of alcohol, gambling, street trading and the provision of beauty treatments as well as others which are listed below:
- Premises licenses, club premises certificates and temporary event notices (administered under the Licensing Act 2003);
- Premises licenses, tracks betting and the registration of lotteries (administered under the Gambling Act 2005);
- Street Trading (administered under the London Local Authorities Act 1990 (as amended)) ;
- Massage and special treatment premises including the registration of hairdressers (administered under the London Local Authorities Act 1995, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the GLC (General Powers) Act 1967);
- Animal boarding, riding establishments, zoo licensing and pet shops;
- Licensed sex shops and lap dancing establishments (administered under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982);
- Scrap metal dealers and motor salvage (administered under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013); and
- The registration of laundrettes (administered under the GLC (General Powers) Act 1973.
The aim of the Licensing Team is to create and maintain a safe environment for the variety of activities that take place for which it has legal responsibility to set conditions and to enforce regulations. This should be of benefit to both providers and users of licensed premises not only making users confident in the standards applied in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Merton, but also to ensure there is a consistent standard between providers.
In depth knowledge of the regulations relating to P.A.C.E (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) R.I.P.A (Regulatory of Investigatory Powers Act) CPIA (Criminal Procedures Investigation Act) and be capable of conducting investigations and interviews accordingly.
Posted 38 days ago