CNC Surface Grinder
Tonbridge, Kent, England
£ 13.00 - £ 14.00 Per Hour
Permanent (Full time)
! ()A successful and well-established manufacturing firm is currently looking to recruit a CNC Surface Grinder for their Borough Green workshop in Kent. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking and highly specialised business, working to ISO9001 quality controls in a well organised and friendly working environment.
Please note: This is a full-time position, starting hourly rate £14 with time and a third for overtime hours. Pay and performance review after completion of successful 6 month probationary period.
Reporting to the Production Management, you will be playing a key role as part of a fast-paced workshop. You would be expected to…
* Have relevant experience in conventional surface grinding machines.
* Useful to have experience in Optidress, but if not, full training will be given.
* Study blueprints of metal workpieces to determine grinding procedures.
* Plan machine setups and operational sequences.
* Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges.
* Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary.
* Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks.
o Experience operating conventional surface grinding machines.
o Ability to understand and translate blueprints and drawings.
o Good understanding of mechanical engineering and machining principles
o Self-motivated, flexible with working patterns, able to manage time in accordance with meeting customer deadlines/deliveries.
You would be joining a leading specialist in the design and manufacture of tools and tooling for solder-less crimped connectors and wire processing products for wire harness companies worldwide.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.