Custody Healthcare Professional (Telford) | Zoek
Custody Healthcare Professional (Telford)
Malinsgate, Telford TF3, UK
Permanent (Full time)
West Mercia & Warwickshire Police
Locations: Telford or Shrewsbury (position to cover both sites)
Part-time: £17**,000 per annum, 21 hours a week, covering days and nights (2 days on, 4 off, 2 nights on, 4 off)**
Using your primary care experience, you’ll able to assess the difference between an uncooperative detainee, a patient lacking medication or a vulnerable adult with a mental health condition.
This role would suit HCP's with experience in Clinical Assessment, A & E, Emergency Care, Triage, Acute or High Dependency Unit.
The role includes:
- Assessment and treatment of detainee’s health needs
- Promoting drug rehabilitation therapies whilst in custody
- Healthcare promotion and self-harm reduction
- Signposting to support the reduction of reoffending
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Record Keeping
- Forensic sampling
Suitable candidates will be invited to join a short telephone screening call.
Progressing candidates will then be invited to join us for a face to face interview to further discuss their accomplishments.
Essential to the role:
- Registered Paramedic, Registered General Nurse or Dual RGN/RMN with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying front line experience
- Full membership of the HCPC as a Registered Paramedic or NMC as a Registered General Nurse
- Ability to work autonomously and within a wider team
- Strong decision-making skills
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- A full UK driving license (manual only)
- Willingness to develop skill set with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- On-going professional development accredited by Teesside University
- Forensic Licentiate for career progression
- Structured career development in a people centered company
- Fast track opportunities for exceptional team members
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- A huge benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
Posted 9 days ago