Retail Support Manager
£28,413 per annum Plus Car or Car Allowance
Retail Support Manager Field Based (covering a territory from Nottingham to the South of England, including the East coast) £28,413 per annum Plus Car or Car Allowance
Would you like to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
Our client is a national volunteering charity. They have more than 20,000 volunteers who have been supporting people in communities and hospitals for over 80 years. Our client is now looking for a talented, passionate individual with the right skills and experience to work with them to deliver their mission - to keep people happy, healthy and connected in our communities and hospitals.
What you’ll be doing
As a Retail Support Manager, you will provide efficient operational support to Retail and Caf Managers and your Retail Area Manager to successfully deliver retail objectives in your territory.
You’ll support and motivate diverse teams of staff and volunteers to deliver first class customer service in our client’s shops and cafs. Specifically, you will:
- Build strong and supportive working relationships with retail teams across the region
- Coach teams to develop and grow into a skilled, engaged and diverse workforce
- Lead by example and act as a role model for personal initiative, responsibility and accountability
- Be present at sites across the region for teams to feel this support
- Ensure that retail services comply with the charity’s policy and procedures
- Assist with the delivery of retail objectives in line with the retail business plan, contracts and budget
- Work with Volunteer Partners, identifying opportunities to increase and maximise volunteering opportunities
- Utilise key performance indicators to identify areas for improvement and work with the Area Manger to implement these
- Work as part of a divisional management team to support retail teams, volunteers and fundraising opportunities across the charity
What you will need
To be considered as a Retail Support Manager, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communications to suit a diverse range of people
- Proven experience of coaching and motivating to get the best out of people
- To be an enthusiastic team player that sets the standards and expectations to enable retail teams to drive the charity forward
- To be confident and flexible in your approach and develop genuine working relationships quickly
- To be highly motivated and able to act on your own initiative in terms of how you deliver your role
- To be an experienced user of standard Microsoft Office programmes, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce documents, reports and presentations to a high standard
- To be prepared to travel frequently around Surrey and the wider areas, from Nottingham to the South of England (some overnight stays may be required)
Experience of working with volunteers is desirable.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please select the apply button shown.
The closing date for this vacancy is 24th May 2019. However, our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Why work for our client
Our client is proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Training and support in your role
- An Employee Assistance Helpline
- The potential of flexible working options
- A great pension scheme
- Working with a unique charity with a proud history
To apply for the role of Retail Support Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Retail Support Manager, Area Retail Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Retail Manager, Multi-Site Retail Operations Manager, Multi-Site Retail Manager, Retail.
Posted 37 days ago