Purchase Ledger Officer
£25000 - £27500 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their friendly and successful team. Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will have experience working with multisite/FMCG in a fast paced environment.
Our client is also ideally looking for a candidate with experience of managing a team of people as this role will naturally progress into a management position for the right person.
Primary Purpose of Role: You will be responsible for maintaining all invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger with accuracy in a timely manner. You will liase directly with Operations and Sales as well as external customers to ensure all queries are investigated and resolved. Advise on weekly payment cycles in line with guidelines issued by Group FC.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Purchase Ledger to ensure accuracy and integrity of the information.
- Setting up Supplier accounts in line with group policy, ensuring customer information is up to date
- Code invoices and obtain invoice approval for non inventory invoices
- Processing invoices using three way match ensuring all pricing and tariff information is up to date and accurate for all suppliers
- Resolve outstanding invoice queries in a timely manner
- Ensure supplier reconciliation is completed monthly, and any queries are actively investigated with relevant parties and resolved.
- Reconcile GRN Suspense on a monthly basis, resolving any shipment queries within one month.
- Review open invoices to submit a payment run proposal on a weekly basis in line with weekly cash outflow forecast.
- Review open invoices, aged and debit balances resolving any queries within one month.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly payroll and associated HMRC requirements including P11Ds.
- Check and post all credit card and staff expenses to GP on a monthly basis.
Supplier payments including remittance advice and filing of bank remittance.
- Manage Pay4 facility, identifying relevant payments on a weekly basis.
- Upload invoices to PAY4.
- Track incoming legal claims, responding in line with appropriate timeframes, making senior management aware where relevant.
- Negotiate payment plans with suppliers as agreed.
- Prepare and submit monthly Intrastat returns, investigating any queries that arise.
- Attend weekly Operations call identifying any payment/delivery issues with key suppliers, liasing with relevant Sales/Operations manager when necessary.
- Assisting Operations Manager with tracking property costs.
- Reconcile group cash books for Current accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare accruals journal on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of Intercompany balances on a monthly basis.
- Manage Finance email box on a daily basis, responding where necessary in a timely and professional manner and then filing as appropriate.
- Provide cover for Sales Ledger Clerk on a rotational basis, including upload and reconciliation of Invoice Finance facility, posting cash receipts and credit control.
- Assist with audits where required.
- Supporting the general activities of the finance department.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Having experience working in a business with multisite/FMCG in a fast paced environment.
- Having experience in processing intercompany transactions.
- Experience working with Microsoft GP an advantage.
- IT literate including good knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- You are a team player with experience working in a small accounting team, with a hands on approach.
- Good organizational skills.
- You have great drive and a can do attitude.
- Proactive ability to identify solutions to challenges and then follow these through to conclusion.
- You will have supervisory skills and be a proven leader of a team.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships with suppliers and internal
Our client is happy to consider candidates on a temp to perm basis, contract work or permanent.
If you fit the criteria and want to join a friendly, expanding company then please send me your CV today.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Posted 24 days ago