Senior Authorised Person
Our client aims to be the UK’s leading provider of power infrastructure for the Public and Private sectors. They believe in growing their business in a progressive and sustainable manner, respecting our community and the environment. They will communicate effectively with their clients, engage their staff and operate their business with the utmost integrity. The mission is to be the Contractor of Choice for their clients, with an absolute commitment to safety whilst providing outstanding customer service and value, delivering quality, first time, every time.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable long-term growth, our client is now seeking to appoint two experienced SAP’s (Senior Authorised Person) for their power division. The role is highly varied and requires a flexible approach to work in order to ensure the successful completion of time critical work for clients. Typical voltage range is 11kV/33kV but may include up to 66kV / 132kv. Senior Authorised Persons will oversee and involve themselves in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning works with extensive high voltage DNO and IDNO networks. As a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) you will cover a dedicated area, work autonomously and be totally focused on the tasks at hand. You will join a flexible, exciting and extremely stable company with significant new contract wins to ensure total work satisfaction and security.
• Operational responsibility for all maintenance, repairs, installations and commissioning work for clients within a designated area on overhead and underground networks from LV to 33kv level
• Planning and organising scopes of work on behalf of clients (DNO’s and IDNO’s etc.)
• Liaising with clients to ensure shutdown duration and procedures are understood and agreed
• Responsible for the effective resourcing of labour, tools and equipment necessary to complete all assigned works
• Required to perform standby duties for fault response and emergency situation on a rota basis
• To have a proven track record operating as an SAP in hands on capacity from within a recognised utilities / HV power contractor or a client side DNO
• You will hold current authorisations within any of the UK’s DNO’s, or have held authorisations within any of the UK’s DNO’s within the last 12 months (LV, 11kv, 33kv)
• Possess a thorough understanding of working under a DNO’s control and experience of switching systems, procedures and processes, including outages
• HNC in a relevant electrical or engineering discipline or demonstrable practical experience
• Must be able to demonstrate a wide range of knowledge and experience with various overhead line, underground cabling and substation components / equipment / systems, including switchgear, transformers and high voltage cabling
• Ideally possess a good knowledge / experience of ring and radial systems
• Possess a good knowledge of National Model Distribution Safety Rules and their interpretation
• Senior Authorised Persons must conduct themselves with authority and confidence.
• A Distribution Network Operator background is highly desirable
These challenging and exciting opportunities, based across the Midlands and North, require individuals with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in operating as a fully DNO authorised SAP. A highly attractive basic salary plus lucrative overtime earning potential and a an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successfully appointed candidate, along with security and longevity of work, given the company’s market leading status and their continued dedication to ambitious growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality
- SAP, Senior Authorised Person, HV, LV, 11kv, 33kv, DNO 5+ years
Posted 21 days ago