Software Engineer (Java) | Zoek
Software Engineer (Java)
Permanent (Full time)
Software Engineer (Java)
Do you want to play a vital role in a $1.2 billion global technology transformation? Are you passionate about learning and innovation?
At Equifax, we are powering the world with knowledge to help people live their financial best. Today’s fast-moving world means our customers need us to be always on and always available – and we need talented people to make that a reality!
As the cloud comes of age, we’re embracing it. We’re not simply lifting and shifting old problems to a new infrastructure. Instead, we’re rebuilding from the ground up in a cloud native way – for better security, faster product innovation and true continuous integration.
By joining our Decisioning Tribe, you will get the opportunity to work on our front-end application used by our customers where we interface with API's to be able to provide decisions on financial requests. We are looking to deploy on AWS by the end of this years which means you will have exposure to cloud technologies.
Be AtYourBest at our Leeds Tech Office
We believe that you perform at your best when you feel empowered to take control of your own work. That’s why we’re moving from a project to a product based approach that allows our teams to ‘build it, own it and run it’.
But it’s not all about work – we provide a range of benefits that support you both in and out of the office.
- A great central location in Leeds, the UK’s fastest growing city and a rising hub of tech and finance
- BUPA medical insurance, company pension, discounted gym memberships, volunteering & charity gifting initiatives, and a full educational and assistance programme focused on mental and physical wellbeing
- An employee recognition scheme where you can earn and redeem points to unlock a wide range of exciting rewards
- Access to a host of retail, dining and holiday discounts
- Flexible working and a 35-hour working week
- 26 days’ holiday from the start, with an additional day off on your birthday and one day for voluntary activities
- Dedicated ‘innovation time’ and regularly hosted ‘lunch & learn’ sessions where you can develop explore new technologies and develop your skillset
- An annual Hackathon (2 days’ worth of office hours), in which you can participate and pursue your own ideas as part of a team
- A culture of fun, collaboration and diversity
What are we looking for?
If you are a talented and ambitious software developer, ideally educated to degree level, and have some commercial Java experience, we’d love to talk to you and help you fulfil your potential.
What would make you stand out?
- Experience with a variety of Java (J2ee/J2se) technologies such as Spring (Core, MVC, Boot) and Hibernate
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns, with an understanding of Web Services, micro service architectures and REST Based APIs
What you’ll get to play with:
- Cloud application development, especially GCP and/or AWS
- Containerisation and deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- API gateway & documentation technologies such as Apigee and Swagger
- Front-end development of responsive (mobile-first) websites with Angular or similar technologies
- Latest build/deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Message handling with Rabbit MQ, Apache Camel, or Spring AMQP
- Acceptance testing with Gauge and Selenium Webdriver
- Big data/NoSQL technologies, such as Big Query, Dataflow
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
**Primary - Tech Dev and Client Services
Posted 5 days ago