Supply Chain Planner | Zoek
Supply Chain Planner
United Kingdom - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it's one way to save the future. It's these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we've gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We're looking for more people to join our team of almost 550, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it's our people who make the difference. We've learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Want to see more? Check us out Summary
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and acting as an ambassador for Abel & Cole this is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning team that is passionate about delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer's door. Working in a fast paced environment where problem solving is part of the day to day, alongside Abel & Cole Buyers and other SCP team members, your goal will be to create a consistent supply of great quality products and maintain respectful and mutually supportive relationships with our suppliers and other departments of Abel & Cole. This is a great opportunity for someone with previous administrative experience who is looking for something a little different. You will grow to be an integral part of how Abel and Cole's supply chain works and will be directly responsible for our customers receiving their produce on a weekly basis.
Here's what you'll be getting up to:
- Use the existing systems within Abel & Cole to accurately order required volume of products using sales and forecasting available
- Monitor unavailability and wastage. Contribute actively to reducing both and meeting targets
- Understand importance of 100% availability, including seasonal and promotional activities and investigate all instances of non- and short- delivery to determine with the supplier an agreed plan of action to prevent recurrence
- Monitor goods in transit, liaising with suppliers and hauliers to ensure that ordered products are delivered to the appropriate depot on time.
- Actively develop and maintain a professional, respectful, friendly and honest relationship with all Abel & Cole suppliers and other team members
- Respond promptly to all invoicing queries, liaising with team leader on queries.
- Assist with end of week/month procedures, including supplier credit claims
- Working with the Buyers to understand promotional plans and expected sales fluctuations
- Understand and follow the Abel & Cole buying policy.
- Take active part in regular feedback sessions where all members of the team discuss buying issues openly and without prejudice.
- Co-ordinate with all departments to ensure any required information is available within necessary timescales.
- Ensure that category buyers are aware of potential problems as soon as they become apparent.
- Product set up in our system.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office
- Stock Control & Planning experience an advantage
- Highly numerate
- Some experience in an administrative environment will be a benefit
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organised, methodical and tenacious
- Willingness and ability to travel between our Andover and Wimbledon office when required
What we offer
- This is a full-time position, Monday –Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility may be required for weekend cover
- 30 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (It's pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.
- Contributory pension scheme
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.
Posted 3 days ago