Lead Software Engineer
Stone, Staffordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer on a Permanent basis based in Stone.
The role will be to join the existing OI management team and be part of the development and configuration team for OSIsoft PI for a leading client. The work will be predominantly home based as our client is international, with work in the office as required to meet our business needs.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a consistent approach to the use of methodologies and tools within the existing quality management system, as appropriate to meet the needs of the client.
Responsibilities of the Lead Software Engineer:-
Responsible for the technical direction on large project(s), or projects that may have strategic importance to the Company, this role will review requirements, shaping and approving specifications through liaison with the client, whilst advising on risks and ways to mitigate.
Expected to take the lead in ensuring project activities are properly developed and delivered in the required timescales aligned to the requirements of our quality management system, including planning and time management. Will actively champion efficiency and operational improvements.
Requirements of the Lead Software Engineer: -
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
* A solid understanding of the OSIsoft PI System architecture with proven delivery capability with this platform
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience of designing software systems
* Regarded as expert in the design and implementation of such systems, with a solid understanding of architect design principles, design and configuration
* In depth knowledge of the whole software/system development lifecycle, from design through coding to testing and commissioning
* To have acted successfully as Senior Engineer on a range of projects that were delivered on time and to budget
* Demonstrable experience of leadership and mentoring engineering teams
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Visio
* General IT knowledge and understanding
* Good understanding of Windows Server configuration, including networking and security
* Experience with Git, particularly Azure DevOps
* Knowledge of relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
* Fault finding and issue resolution
* Experience of working in the oil and gas and/or power generation sectors
* Worked using Agile methodologies, particularly using Azure DevOps
* Familiar with Microsoft Azure
* Experience with hypervisor, particularly ESXi
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time