Transport Development Centre Administrator
Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Location: Home based (required in Daventry x2 a week)
Customer: Core Transport - Driver Strategy
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date: Friday 8th October 2021
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world's leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
Finance Manager working directly with Driving Ambition team to support the roll out of driver TDCs suuporting the operational and vocational training requirements of our Driving Ambition program. We are looking to recruit and develop approximately 1400 drivers due to the current national shortage. Currently we have one TDC hub at Crick supported by regional pop ups as well as satellite facilities at Manton Wood & Bellshill. During 2022 this will expand to 7 regional locations across the UK&I. This role will report directly to the Operations Director and provide management accounting, business partnering and financial control to this new and exciting venture. This is a high profile role, in a highly visible area of the business where the succesful candidate will be able to grow with the program and shape the role going forwards to best support the needs of the business working closely with senior stakeholders.
The Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
- Preparation of weekly accounts and KPIs
- Completion of month end accounts, balance sheets, OBR's and other internal reports
- Work with internal & external partners / customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice - reviewing and implementing standardisation
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and targets to identify trends and variances to budgets / forecasts
- Management of site Finance functions and development of wider finance team
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practice
- Work closely with Operations Managers in understanding key cost drivers of contract profitability
- Providing appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence key decisions
- Review key risks and identify potential risks
- Ensuring financial controls are robust and fit for purpose
- Supporting Financial Controller / Commercial teams
To be successful as a Finance Manager in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Proven track record in a similar level role with experience of the above requirements
- Ability to influence key decision makers at all level
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- People management experience and excellent communication skills
- Either relevant financial qualifications (AAT / CIMA etc.), training towards them or be qualified by experience
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, pay journey, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.