Technician - Automotive Manufacture
Maintenance Technician - Automotive
Working to support the efficient delivery of maintenance activities across the manufacturing site by implementing, developing and administering the site CMMS. Analysing equipment reliability data to highlight poor performing assets and be a leading member of corrective action teams.
- Manufacturing experience in an automotive industry
- CNC / Router / boring / woodworking machinery knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability techniques, RCA, FMECA etc. and able to facilitate improvement initiatives
- Practitioner knowledge of CMMS systems (Shire Systems Pirana)
- Knowledge of lubrication techniques and good practices
- Lean, TPM, 5S experience
Primary responsibilities include:
- Organising and planning workload according to priorities and deadlines.
- Day to day management of MRO stores to identify, establish and maintain min/max critical spares holdings.
- Daily management, administration and development of the maintenance CMMS system, to be the site CMMS super user.
- Plan and schedule maintenance work orders (PPM / reactive) and work requests for both Bailey internal maintenance team activities and external contractors.
- Plan and schedule the plant shutdown maintenance activities and resources. To supervise contractors/work as required.
- A desire to assist and develop a culture towards a preventative/predictive maintenance strategy working cross functionally with other departments
- To lead and support equipment reliability issues and support a continuous improvement culture.
- Understanding all associated site-wide risks and be involved in the activities in managing and improving safety systems.
- Cost effective procurement of spare parts and services in support of maintenance activities coordinating with suppliers, OEMs and contractors.
- Responsible for ensuring all site maintenance related record keeping and asset register data is accurate, up to date, including gathering and organising historical data/documents as necessary
- Generate maintenance KPI reports for both equipment reliability and costs.
- Assist in the administration of department procurement activities.
- Analyse, identify and rectify root causes of reoccurring faults, encompassing all aspects of maintenance activities and machine improvements. To review maintenance PPMs and update to ensure they are relevant and up to date.
- Engineering qualification desirable and experience of working in a maintenance department ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Previous working knowledge of maintenance CMMS systems
- I.T Literate - Data entry systems, Windows, Spreadsheets and Microsoft Office
- Effective communicator at all levels and able to build effective working relationships
- Self-starter with a proactive 'can-do' attitude, able to work under own initiative and able to guide and coach team members in new ways of working
- Ability to participate in maintenance standby rota
- A solid understanding of problem solving techniques and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring techniques
If you are a Bristol based technician looking for a new role with excellent benefits, get in touch now with your CV!
Posted 17 days ago