Director of Finance and Resources
Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
Director of Finance and Resources
Hours: Hours per week
Holidays: 25 days plus public holidays rising incrementally to 30 days plus public holidays
Period of Notice: 1 week during probation; 6 months thereafter
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Adferiad Recovery has a strong finance team with sound recording and reporting systems and we are confident in our ability to produce meaningful and accurate information. This job is for a strategic thinker who is skilled at maximising income and revenue, identifying innovative ways of managing our resources, and developing unrestricted funds.
This post holds key responsibility for the financial systems and fiscal management within Adferiad Recovery. The postholder will work with the Executive Team on strategic organisational development and provide a high level of support to the Chief Executive by directing the Finance, Estates, IT and data, and CAIS Social Enterprises Ltd teams. The Director of Finance and Resources acts as Company Secretary ensuring legal and corporate compliance with regulators, Companies House, and the Charity Commission. The Director will work collaboratively with service managers and staff to develop business opportunities and manage performance of existing services. The role will be pivotal in ensuring competence and resilience at Directorate level.
- To ensure Adferiad Recovery maintains a sound financial position including the development and application of necessary financial regulations.
- To work as part of Adferiad Recovery’s Executive Team to provide strategic leadership, ensuring that the Charity continues to be responsive to the needs of people affected by substance use, mental health and co-occurring concerns in the provision of high-quality recovery services.
- To direct and lead Adferiad Recovery’s Finance and Resources Directorate.
- To develop and implement a robust Finance and Resources Strategy.
- To ensure compliance with Adferiad Recovery’s Financial Regulations and budgetary requirements, providing sound financial control to the organisation.
- To ensure comprehensive reports are provided to the Executive Team and Board of Trustees in line with agreed schedules.
- To prepare financial statements in line with the Charity Commission SORP for Adferiad Recovery and subsidiaries.
- To work closely with key stakeholders for the Finance and Resources Directorate, including commissioners and managers.
- To oversee performance management and quality assurance of contracts and services within the area of responsibility.
- To work with the Executive Team to identify, seek out and acquire new core business, ensuring effective business plans are in place to achieve success.
- To ensure Adferiad Recovery meets all standards, legislative and regulatory requirements as Company Secretary.
- To ensure Adferiad Recovery is compliant with contractual requirements, working with Operational Directors to provide relevant reports demonstrating achievements.
- Supporting colleagues in achieving KPIs for services, strategy, and mission.
- To strategically lead the activities and development of CAIS Social Enterprises Ltd.
- To ensure all activity within the directorate is compliant with Adferiad Recovery’s policies and procedures.
- To promote Adferiad Recovery’s Values and ethos.
- To promote diversity and equality of opportunity in all Adferiad Recovery’s work and practices
- To contribute to building a culture where everyone is valued and equipped with the skills necessary to fulfil their role in the organisation.
- All other tasks commensurate with the role.