Leakage Engineer (Water sector) - Willand | Zoek UK | 500036
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leakage Engineer (Water sector)
Willand, Devon, England
Permanent (Full time)
Role: Leakage Engineer (Water sector)
Type: Full Time
Location: Devon or Cornwall
Salary: Competitive plus accommodation
RPS Water Operations are looking for Leakage Engineers, who will be responsible for day-to-day leak detection activities in order to meet leakage targets as defined by the client.
As one of our leakage engineers, you will undertake detailed surveys to identify the type and location of water leakage, ensuring health and safety policies are followed at all times. This will involve attending sites to assist repair gangs in detection, you may also be required to undertake other survey and project work. On occasion you will be required to work as part of a two-person leakage detection team where you will be responsible for the Assistant Leakage Engineer. You will also ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner – this could be anything from timesheets to survey forms.
Your skills and experience
You will already have experience in a leakage detection role or similar within the water industry and have a strong teamwork ethic. We would also need you to have the following skills:
* Proficient in the use of leakage detection equipment, including a correlator, pipe tracer, ground microphone and listening stick
* Ability to use and act upon own initiative to solve and overcome problems/issues
* Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively within a team
* Good standard of IT skills and experience of MS office applications
* Willingness to learn and embrace new skills and technology
* Fully compliant with all Health & Safety requirements
* Fully flexible approach to working hours, as this role will include some night work, early start times and occasional weekend work, you will also be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Full UK driving licence
* NVQ Level 2 in Leakage Management is desirable
* Unit 2 Street Works is desirable
* National Water Hygiene is desirable
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 20 days holiday + bank holidays, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and our brand new Benefit Hub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,200 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy