Caretaker / Gardener / Facilities - Newmarket | Zoek UK | 50218e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Caretaker / Gardener / Facilities Maintenance
Newmarket, Suffolk, England
£18600 - £19500/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Caretaker
Location: covering sites around Newmarket
Salary: £18,600 - £19,500 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Please note: a driving license is essential for this role.
About the role:
The overall purpose of this job is to effectively carry out duties under the instruction of the Facilities Management team on the communal areas of various residential estates, which will allow the sites to remain in a good state of repair throughout.
* Grass cutting and edging
* Regular weeding of beds (which will include weed killing)
* Seasonal pruning and dead heading (under instruction if necessary)
* Litter pick site and keep bin stores clean and tidy
* Check and clean communal lights
* Replace communal light bulbs
* Carry out routine emergency light and alarm tests (after training)
* Vacuuming and cleaning of communal areas including polishing/dusting of woodwork and balustrades
* Clean windows and glass where necessary
* Clean door furniture and kick plates
* Check and remove cobwebs on a regular basis
* Pressure wash paths and decking when required
* Report to Facilities Supervisor and Estate Manager faults and additional works required to maintain a good state of repair.
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Long Service Holiday Award - 3, 5 and 10 days additional holiday after the same number of years
* Financial qualification support
* Company events
* Working within prestigious residential sites
A full driving licence is essential for this role.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Maintenance, Facilities Operator, Janitor, General Handy Person, Handyman, Handywoman, Commercial Maintenance, Domestic Maintenance, Multi Trade Tradesmen, Pluming Electrics, Maintenance Technician may also be considered for this role